Are you dedicated to work in WFP Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN) programme, the largest humanitarian deal in European history?
The United Nations World Food Programme is looking for a Programme Assistant in Ankara. If you have 2 years of working experience and speak Turkish & English (Arabic is an asset), apply by the 22nd of February, 2019.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In September 2016, WFP signed the largest humanitarian deal in European history: a €348 million contract with the European Union to roll out a programme known as the Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN). ESSN programme in Turkey contributes of the goals laid out in the Grand Bargain. Partnering with the European Commission’s Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO), WFP has joined forces with the Turkish Red Crescent and the Government of Turkey to lessen the suffering of over a million refugees in Turkey.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area (Economics, International Relations, Political Science and Public Administration, Sociology or Social Work) is desirable.
Experience: Two years of work experince with at least one-year solid experience in a field related to humanitarian and/or development programming.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Support programme planning/design processes and provide general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct research, compile data and support analysis and the preparation of reports (e.g. basic needs assistance, resource utilization, programme status, performance) to support programme design and operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data and information following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing programme activities.
- Support communication and activities with partners, UN agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Other tasks as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask on a range of different tasks and activities.
- Strong analytical skills, including skills in data management and analysis.
- Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time and without errors, as well as adapting individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes.
- Informed and professional demeanor towards other staff members and partners.
- Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals, as well as engaging in open dialogue, and valuing the diverse opinion of others.
- Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence and improve individual skills.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience with database management
- Information management and/or graphic design
- Prior experience in cash-based programming and/or social safety nets
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration: 1 year renewable.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. Local gross salary is offered on an annual basis starting from TRY 72,360.00 / year.
Annual Leave Entitlement : 1,5 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private Medical Insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or childeren)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
No later than 22 February 2019.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.