Communication Specialist, Behavioral Communication Change and Advocacy, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, P-4 (Temporary Appointment)
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
The Communication Specialist, on Behavioral Communication Change and advocacy will be based at the Bureau of the Consortium CIVIPOL in Kinshasa and will work under the overall guidance of the Team leader of the project (Technical support project for the process of reform of the vital registration system and vital statistics in the DRC) and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative. S/She will also liaise with other national stakeholders and partners, including donors and the United Nations agencies.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree (Master) in communication, social sciences, or its equivalent.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience at national and international level;
- Experience in communication strategy development and communication campaign development for social and behavioral change;
- Experience in providing technical assistance in the field of communication particularly in Africa and in countries in crisis or post-crisis situations;
- Experience in documentation, capitalization and sharing of development program results;
- Excellent writing and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Fully conversant with usage of computers (MS Office), email and the Internet;
- Familiarity with UNFPA’s policies and procedures and good knowledge/understanding of the UN system coordination process;
- Experience in working in crisis or post-crisis countries would be an asset.
Full proficiency in spoken and written French, working skills in English.