NATIONAL Consultant: Integrated Field Services for WAY Programme, Kampala, Uganda
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS OF UGANDA OR THOSE WHO ARE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN UGANDA.
Contract duration: 6 Months, 1st March 2019 to 31st August 2019
Purpose of Consultancy:
The consultant will work with the Integrated Field Services (IFS), Innovations, and M&E Teams to conduct research and report writing, routine planning, monitoring, data collection, and documentation for lessons learned, strategic approaches and good practices. The consultant will also support packaging of information for knowledge sharing and advocacy under the Women, Adolescents, and Youth Rights and Empowerment (WAY) Programme.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collect evidence on specific project approaches for lesson learning, good practice replication, and for advocacy and scale-up purposes, with development of evidence-based advocacy materials based on data obtained;
- Define and implement a knowledge management approach for the Uganda CO aimed at enhancing knowledge sharing and delivering of planned results in social change innovations, adolescents and youth programming;
- Provide technical assistance for the improvement of programme delivery with external partners under the WAY Programm;
- Contribute to the development of project proposals as direct assistance to technical units with Innovations Analyst, further integrating innovations across UNFPA programming;
- Contribute to the planning and undertaking of adolescents and youth-related studies and research;
- Lead the collection and analysis of data from social innovation activities, such as human-centered design (HCD) and participatory action research (PAR) and implement innovative ways to analyse and disseminate the evidence;
- Prepare project documents required for adolescent and youth program implementation, such as concept notes, briefs, reports, abstracts, posters, factsheets, budgets, and program missions;
- Performs any other duties in the area of knowledge and innovations management, planning, programme delivery, and monitoring and reporting, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Generated evidence and documented evidence-based best practices on implementation, innovations management and programme delivery;
- Significant progress on innovations pipeline and strengthened adolescent, youth, and women strategic programming by Uganda CO, including human-centered design (HCD) and participatory action research (PAR) carried out in WAY Programme supported districts;
- Report on Participatory Action Research (PAR) in WAY Programme supported districts with best practices and recommendations for future planning
Place where services are to be delivered:
UNFPA Uganda Country Office
Submission of electronic copies of documents and content created on an ongoing basis as completed with all materials submitted electronically by end of contract, including uncompleted items.
Monitoring and Progress Control
The consultant will work for the Uganda Country Office and will be expected to provide regular weekly updates to the IFS Programme Delivery Specialist and Social Change Innovations Program Analyst. The M&E Specialist will quality-check the reporting and evidence gathering of best practices and lessons learned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Advanced degree in social sciences, public policy, community health, development studies, technology management, or other relevant field
- Demonstrable experience in areas of reporting, planning, research, knowledge and innovations management, and M&E
- Demonstrable experience in project management, including idea conceptualization, proposal development, project planning, evidence generation, data analysis, and completed outputs
- Ability to write for multiple audiences and types of publications, such as news updates for the public or technical briefs for experts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and project planning skills
- Demonstrable ability to work well in complex, multi-cultural teams at all levels, in addition to advising peers while under pressure
- Experience working cross-functionally to achieve program objectives
- Language: Fluency in English is required for this position
- Background in knowledge management, research, project management, communication, and policy advocacy
- Experience working with government officials, subject area experts, service providers, and other stakeholders
- Understanding of complex online knowledge management systems or innovations pipeline management
- Field experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of UN Systems, WAY Programme activities and Uganda implementation context would be an advantage
Inputs / services to be provided by UNFPA or implementing partner:
Work will be conducted at UNFPA Country Office with periodic travel to WAY Programme supported districts in West Nile and Acholi.
- Deadline for applications: Friday, 15th February 2019, 5 pm Kampala time.
- Interested applicants should first register on the UNFPA Consultancy Roster and apply to the “job post” called UNFPA Consultant Roster. After registering on the Roster, Click ‘Apply Now’. In case you have applied for UNFPA eRecruitment Jobs before, directly click ‘Apply Now’.
- After application, please send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position you are applying to in the subject.
- UNFPA reports – If the applicant has worked for UNFPA in the past, he/she may submit their most recent assessment, consultancy report or other document to illustrate his/work.
- UNFPA will only respond to those applicants in whom the Country Office has further interest.
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- UNFPA is committed to maintain balanced gender distribution of the positions and therefore encourage women to apply.
- There are NO application processing or other fees at any stage of UNFPA application processes.