Supply Chain Assistant
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this Supply Chain Assistant (Fleet and Warehouse) is to support and deliver logistics needs for project implementation. And heading the fleet & warehouse section in Dollow office, maintain & managing the movement of vehicles & fulfilling the required tasks included in the overall responsibilities
- Maintain transparency and accountability in all procurement activities,
- Assist good archiving system with procurement documents and upload all documents in DRC Dynamics,
- Facilitate procurement processes through DRC Dynamics.
- Manage daily vehicle movement for the Office
- Ensure that all rented vehicles are in good working conditions.
- Prepare monthly fleet monitoring reports
- Ensure that all DRC/DDG owned and rented vehicles are using DRC Log sheet record properly
- Ensure that all DRC/DDG drivers have valid driving license at all times
- Update general inventory list timely as new assets are procured
- Ensure that all DRC/DDG Asset are given unique tagged number
- Conduct periodic physical verification/inspection of the asset in quarterly basis
- Ensure all asset in the inventory list are registered general inventory register and tagged.
- Include asset registration template with the location (responsible person)
- Send inventory report to the Supply Chain team leader on monthly basis
- Maintain warehouse stock list as per DRC/DDG Warehouse Management Procedures
- Ensure that all Warehouse documents are in place and approved when receiving or releasing supplies
- Prepare Monthly Warehouse and Admin Store Stock reports
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Line Manager.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience, education and technical competencies
- University Diploma in supply chain management, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an NGO at an equivalent level
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, well versed in Windows Word, Excel and Access
- Demonstrable leadership, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
- Strong working relations with multi-sectorial agencies
- A team player with a strong cooperation ethic.
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team;
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali & English
- Arabic speaking person is an added advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
• Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: March 2019
Duty station: Dollow
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Duration: 10 Month contract.
Contract: This position is graded as G6 (NM-I) for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 20 February, 2019.