Administrative Assistant (Nationals Only) - Middle East Regional Office - Region Middle East
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Middle East Regional Office based in Amman, Jordan was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 3,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Libya Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. Our work is concentrated on the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC operations is in the Middle East have grown significantly in recent years and further growth is expected in the months to come. With large operations in such fluid contexts, the NRC Middle East Regional Office has a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and genuine place of passion responding to a region in crisis
The purpose of the Admin Assistant position is to support Administration Team Leader in accomplishing administrative tasks under NRC policy and procedures, ensure high accuracy of work and operation of the office. The Administrative assistant demonstrates a Middle East Regional Office staff external authorities oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and ability to work with Jordanian authorities and of different national and cultural backgrounds. The position requires 50% working in the office and 50% working with Jordanian authority.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are seeking a motivated professional to join our administration team in the Middle East Regional Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years of experience working in the administration field.
B.A degree in Administration or any other related field
Additional useful skills include: Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, Good computer skills in Microsoft office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook) should have. Good verbal communication skills (Arabic & English).
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- General follow up of the NRC Middle East Regional Office and houses/apartments and ensure that utility bills are paid
- Support the administration team leader in arranging for Middle East Regional Office requested administration tasks.
- Liaise with country security unit in arranging security briefing, apartment assessment and updated travel tracking sheet for individual travel booking.
- Liaise with Middle East Regional Office Cleaner in monitoring the shortages of RGH supplies and request for purchasing
- Support administration Team Leader in reviewing and handing over all applications in MoI, Jordanian custom department and others Jordanian authorities
- Support administration Team Leader in monitoring service staff (cleaners) in Middle East Regional Office
- Support administration Team Leader in maintaining NRC’s administrative procedures and audit standards
- Support administration Team Leader processing of work permits and residencies and other related permits as under the supervision of direct line manager
- Support administration Team Leader in applying Diesel tracking checking schedule/ system in Middle East Regional Office staff apartments and filling tanks with required amount of diesel.
- Support administration Team Leader in creating and monitoring filing system (Soft and hard records).
- Monitoring following Middle East Regional Office post mail and executing DHL domestic mail
- Support in monitoring and paying utility bills for ME office and expatriates’ apartments
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the manager
Contract Period: till 31 of December, 2019
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
For more information, please find attached the Job Description.