The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Legal Directorate - Legal Department, Operations 1 - Western Europe-A Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 1st July 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
To allow the trainee some exposure to and experience of how a European Institution works, to enhance their research skills and to acquire the necessary background for a future career in law.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Division or of another lawyer, you will:
- carry out legal research in particular in recent European or French banking and finance law (e.g. BRRD, CRR);
- draft notes and other legal documents in respect of recent case-law or new;
- legislation and regulation;
- follow-up on recent case-law and draft regulations;
- translate legal documents;
- draft simple amendment to finance contract and/or review of Cp's.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or Master degree in French or English Law (or studying towards);
- Admission to the bar school (CRFPA for France, Legal Practise Course in UK, or equivalent in another jurisdiction) would be an advantage;
- Professional skills and knowledge;
- Knowledge of both French and English Law would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of standard IT tools (particularly Word);
- Ability to summarise and present information with attention to detail.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is the 03rd March 2019.
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/en/about/jobs/work-with-us/internships/index.htm