DATA SYSTEM/MIS INTERNS – ID NO:13-10508
Dodoma (Tanzania) | united republic of tanzania
MSH seeks to recruit highly motivated interns for the Tanzania Technical Support Services (TSSP) Project funded by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The work location will be Dodoma, Tanzania and will report to the Health Information Systems (HIS)/MIS Specialist.
The Data System/MIS Interns will work closely with MIS Specialist under the Tanzania Technical Support Services Project (TSSP) Program to support Client Level Data Systems (CLDS) initiatives under the project. The interns will provide support in implementation of Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Shared Health Record (SHR) and other health information exchange digital initiatives. They will assist in all planning, monitoring, documentation, and reporting activities relevant to designated program activities.
· Assist to define new emerging requirements to guide Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and automated reporting solutions.
· Assist to provide technical support to users of EMR system in health facilities.
· Support training of health facilities staff on the use of EMR system.
· Support the establishment of Shared Heath Records and health information exchange services.
· Assist to provide support in troubleshooting connectivity issues.
· Assist in documentation and report sharing on workable success stories and best practices on TSSP interventions.
· Collaborate with senior technical staff for the development and/or the review of technical reports arising from literature reviews, research or technical assistance activities
· Assist designated senior technical staff in monitoring and reporting on specific activities, deliverables and indicators
· Provide writing and analytical assistance as needed to produce special reports and documents aimed for publication
· Perform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designate.
· Recent graduates with degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, ICT, computer engineering or relevant fields.
· Strong competencies in technical writing and good oral communication is required with ability to develop technical briefs.
· Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents in English is required.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work effectively in a team spirit.
For further details, full job description and to apply for the position, please visit the online application at www.Jobs-msh.icims.com and apply by February 15, 2019. If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to iRecruiterproblem@msh.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted