Roster: Procurement Consultant BMS/UNDP
New York City (United States of America)
The Central Procurement Unit (CPU) provides procurement support services for UNDP business units by centrally coordinating all procurement transactions over $5K. It serves the following Central Bureaus (CBx): BMS, BPPS, CB and BERA, ensuring cost and time efficiency, required compliance and added value to clients.
Those CBx identify procurement needs and make decisions, while CPU provides procurement services and guides the client through the process and decides on the best sourcing strategy. Routing procurement requests through CPU will lead to a quicker turn-around time, and a higher quality, cost effective outcome.
The objective of this vacancy is to build a Roster of professionals to facilitate the possibility of fast-track and immediate engaging of rostered and pre-selected individuals under the External Consultancy contract modality once needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Provide support to CPU Buyers in assisting clients with procurement planning, contract management, and complex procurement processes, conducted by CPU;
- Assist CPU buyers in conducting supply market analysis of requirements received in CPU in order to understand how the market works, the direction, the competitiveness of the market, the key suppliers and the value that suppliers place on the organization.
- Assist with procurement activities and identify most suitable procurement strategies to meet the identified equipment and service needs
- Provide inputs to assist CPU in determining opportunities for consolidating and standardizing requirements from various offices;
- Provide inputs to assist CPU in determining feasibility of developing comprehensive supply mechanism such as LTAs, etc. to meet the identified needs;
- Identify opportunities for leveraging supply markets on the basis of consolidated needs.
- Assist CPU buyers with specific procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Liaise with technical managers, as directed by CPU buyers, to review TOR and provide support to the technical evaluations.
- Assist with specific contractual issues and monitoring.
- Assist CPU buyers with the preparation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing thing;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components;
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and Experience
. Academic Qualifications:
- Advanced University Degree in Business or Public Administration with hands on experience in procurement management.
- UNDP Procurement Certification programme or equivalent Procurement certification is an asset.
II. Years of experience:
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), is required.
- Advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset
- The successful consultant will receive a lump sum contract. Payments will be made at the end of each month based upon outputs and upon acceptance of the deliverables/certification of satisfactory completion by the technical manager. The contract price is fixed regardless of changes in the cost of components.
- The work week will be based on 35 hours, i.e. on a 7 hour working day, with core hours being between 9h00 and 18h00 daily.
- In the event that the CPU decides to engage an individual through this roster under the Consulting modality, the consultant would work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Central Procurement Unit, as delegated to CPU buyers, PSU/OSO, BMS and will be responsible for the fulfilment of the deliverables as specified above.
The application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references;
- Local applicants (applying within the US only and in posession of US Citizenship, Green Card or G4 Visa) must submit a copy of one of these documents when applying in the same file.
Travel expenses (applies to international applicants only)
- In the event that the UNDP decides to engage an individual through this roster under the Consulting modality:
- UNDP will assume the cost of a round-flight most economy class to join Duty Station (NYC).
- UNDP will facilitate the G4 Visa for international applicants.