Individual Consultant - Digital Media
new delhi (office based)
On the ground in about 170 countries and territories, UNDP works to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. We help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so they can sustain a multidimensional level of progress that extends beyond economic gains.
UNDP has worked in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience.
UNDP Communications Unit requires the services of a digital media consultant to strengthen the capacity of UNDP in communications, including drafting a digital media strategy and implementation plan, developing social media packs for relevant international days and other key priorities – complete with messages, graphics and multimedia content, designing robust digital campaigns, developing new partnerships to strengthen UNDP’s digital outreach, SEO for UNDP website and video production.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Communications Specialist, UNDP and in close coordination with the communications team, the consultant must:
- Design and execute a digital communication strategy for UNDP, including:
- Social media calendar for three months, complete with campaign ideas (in line with the priorities of the office), partnerships and key visibility opportunities
- Develop social media packs for relevant international days and other key priorities – including messaging, infographics and videos
- Generate content and regular updates for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Develop and execute monthly social media spend
- Produce multimedia content such as stories and videos for the UNDP website
- Conduct SEO for the UNDP website and implement recommendations
- Identify innovative tools and platforms to increase outreach and monitor conversations about the project on social media.
- Develop and update list of Twitter accounts and Facebook pages of key partners, key opinion leaders, influencers and bloggers.
- Use social media analytics tools to regularly monitor and map the performance of outreach efforts through regular updates and campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of social media tools and applications with a special focus on community building
- Excellent knowledge of social media analytics tools
- Excellent knowledge of video production tools
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good knowledge of written and spoken Hindi
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in media and communications, journalism
- Five years of relevant experience in public relations, social media management, communications or advocacy
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Individual Consultants will be evaluated based on the Cumulative Evaluation (technical + financial) methodology, as follows:
- Technical Evaluation: 70% weightage
- Financial Evaluation: 30% weightage
Technical Evaluation Criteria:
- Technical Proposal: 30 marks
- Relevant Experience: 25 marks
- Evidence of video production: 10 marks
- Qualification: 5 marks
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 marks (70% of the total technical points) would be considered Technically responsive and qualifies for Financial Evaluation.
Interviews may be conducted as part of technical assessment.
Payment Terms:Payments will be made for the actual days worked on satisfactory completion of activities, as agreed. Payment will be not be made for holidays and leaves taken, if any.
Documents to Submit:Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/ information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please merge those into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload only one document:
- Offerors Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment.
- Personal CV, indicating experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Technical proposal, including (a) a brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment and (b) a methodology, if applicable, on how you will approach and complete the assignment.
- Financial proposal, stating Daily Fee in Indian Rupees. Travel and other unforeseen cost should NOT be included in the financial proposal, at this stage.
- As system allows uploading only one file, please merge above-mentioned documents to be submitted as part of application into one (1) single PDF document and upload.
- Application may not be accepted, if all the above listed documents are not submitted.
The following documents can be accessed, clicking the link:
- General Conditions for Individual Contract
- Offerors Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment, including Financial Proposal template
For any clarification, please write to email@example.com