Team Assistant, FT G4, (HR Unit, Khartoum)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Human Resources team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Team Assistant (Business Support Assistant) to support our Human Resources Unit in Khartoum, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed-Term contract at the G4 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
As Business Support Assistant G4 you will report directly to the Head of the Human Resources Unit and you will provide broad administrative and technical support to the entire Human Resources Unit. Specifically, you will perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities and in processing routine administrative and financial tasks to contribute to the effective and timely provision of services by the Human Resources Unit (e.g. prepare or review staff-related payment requests, schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, etc.);
- Act with competence, integrity, impartiality, independence and discretion; demonstrate ethical behaviour at all times; and act as a role model in line with WFP’s expectation that all WFP personnel act ethically in furtherance of the ideals of the UN and WFP’s Mission;
- Use HR management systems as required to enter a variety of HR data, monitor various deadlines, ensure accuracy of HR data and compliance with the established deadlines (e.g. perform leave management duties; review, log and track routine administrative requests submitted to/by the HR unit, etc.);
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, or escalate where appropriate, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards;
- Gather information to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Translate correspondence and documents from Arabic to English upon request;
- Work with a variety of individuals with different national and cultural backgrounds, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff;
- Others as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only.
- Completion of secondary school education. Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- At least three years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work or as personal/executive assistant. Additional experience in the field of Human Resources is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE CRITERIA
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Tact, courtesy and good communication skills to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals with different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Proactive working style and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify or escalate problems requiring attention.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and SAP.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods in order to respond to and resolve basic HR queries. Familiarity with WFP HR procedures and systems is desirable.
- Holding an English language proficiency certification is an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
18 February 2019
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.