Civil Society Organization Grant - Project Manager (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#29 | Tehrān
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Civil Society Organizations Grant - Project Manager for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced Civil Society Organizations Grant - Project Manager to achieve quality programming with NRC Iran Multi-Core Competencies.
The CSO Grant Project Manager will support the Area Manager in ensuring and managing CSO Grant project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with strategies and donor requirements.
Our ideal Candidate:
Are you NRC’s future Civil Society Organizations Grant - Project Manager in Iran NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a leader with result oriented, Strategic thinker, Hardworking approach and a proven track record of efficient project management experience to give support to a rapidly expanding programme.
- Coordinate and manage CSO Grant project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Build the capacity of partner’ staff and transfer key skills.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Core Competencies strategy, initiate and participate in the development of relevant Core Competency projects
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the Core Competency Specialist
Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with CCs) and coordinate across
Build capacities of the partner related to communication and fundraising activities
Develop and monitor systems for quality control of partner’ activities.
- Organize the trainings provided in the Experience Sharing Center in Tehran.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context, including with local NGOs
- Previous experience related to trainings or capacity-building
- Technical ICLA expertise is an added value
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Duty Station: Tehran based with 70% travel to Mashhad.
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions