Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Office, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the UNDP Office Banja Luka, CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
The principal objective of the assignment is to drive office vehicles for transport of personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
Office Banja Luka has been established in 1996. Growing number of staff members from different UNDP and UN projects, programmes and missions is keeping a high level of need for continuous frequent travel arrangements. Due to frequent travel requests, there is serious need to enlarge UNDP BIH roster for the position of Driver.
NOTE: This position will be utilized based on office needs, therefore this is not a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive office vehicle for transport of authorized personnel; delivery and collection of mail, documents and another items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
Scope of work:
- Ensures support in office related transportations (equipment, furniture, relocation of equipment and office relocation, etc);
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Responsibility for maintenance of office vehicle, perform minor repairs and arranges for other repairs; ensures that vehicle is kept clean, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, log official trips, map of the city/country, log of daily mileage, gas consumption, first aid kit;
- Ensure that steps required by UNDP rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Responsible for maintenance of inventory of vehicle equipment;
- Responsible for maintenance of inventory of security/communication equipment (VHF radios, or any other equipment that is available);
- Follow up and to ensure all security rules and regulations are implemented;
- Ensure to advance notify scheduled trips for obtaining relevant security clearance, and perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge management and learning;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office.
DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues.
LEADERSHIP AND SELF-MANAGEMENT:
- Focuses on result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education.
- 5 years' work experience as a driver;
- Previous working experience in UN, International Organization or Embassy is desirable.
- Fluency in the local language, basic knowledge of English language.
- Safe driving record and valid Driver’s license;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.