Livelihoods Project Manager - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Country Office Background:
NRC has operated in Jordan since 2012 delivering services to refugees living in host communities and camps as well as vulnerable Jordanians. The organization provides assistance across NRC’s five core competencies: Education; Youth; Shelter & Wash; ICLA; and Livelihoods in central and northern Jordan. NRC is an active advocate for refugee rights and actively works to provide data driven and field based information to inform policy and operational decisions across the humanitarian response and the durable solution spectrum. NRC Jordan is an active member of key coordination bodies in Jordan and regionally through its collaboration with the NRC Syria Office and NRC regional office based in Amman.
The Livelihoods Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for ensuring that all market focused livelihood projects maintain a high level of technical quality and aligns with standards set out by the LFS Specialist. The PM will work to expand NRC Jordan’s participatory market systems programming and add input to the development of detailed processes and protocols for carrying out facilitation focused activities; adaptive management; lead firm engagement; and participatory market selection and mapping activities. The PM will be responsible in building and managing all partnerships associated with market system programming and tracking progress through a detailed results framework. The PM position is based in Mafraq.
Specific Responsibilities related to this position include:
- Responsible for the recruitment and onboarding of all project staff
- Build the capacity of staff new to NRC and ensure that all project staff receive trainings provided by the LFS Specialist and partners.
- Coordinate with support departments (including Security staff) and other CC programs the implementation of activities in new project locations.
- Develop clear and measurable work plans for staff and create and maintain a system that manages staff progress within these work plans.
- Oversee all relevant staff and technical partners in the delivery of approved activities. This includes ensuring an effective internal communication and reporting structure.
- Set up and maintain an M&E system that ensures that teams and interventions remain adaptive and responsive to changes in the associated markets and the needs of stakeholders in coordination with the NRC Jordan M&E department.
- Ensure that all project interventions align with existing SoPs and LFS guidance documents.
- Proactively identify opportunities for partnership and coordination at the local level
- Ensure that all analytical activities regarding market systems programming is participatory of nature and has integrated input from marginalized and vulnerable communities.
- Support the production of required market analysis, business cases, and any additional analytical documents needed to support relevant market systems programming.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Duty Station: Mafraq, Jordan
Duration: 12 months
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs