Senior Program Manager/Program Manager
corporate office | Delhi
Senior Program Manager/Program Manager
No. of Post
Delhi Corporate Office
Ekta Shakti Foundation, established in 2003, is the leading and fastest-growing national development organization headquartered in New Delhi, India. It has state & district offices in other parts of Delhi, Bihar and Andhra Pradesh. The organization works in the areas of health and nutrition, holistic child-development, differently abled children and skill development of youths and women. The organization collaborated with the Government of Bihar, Government of Delhi, Government of Assam and Government of Andhra Pradesh to improve the nutritional status and quality-life of the vulnerable children especially the school-going children. In collaboration with State Governments, the organization provides Mid-day meals directly to around 8 lakhs school-children daily and soon it is expecting to provide Mid-day meals to around 1.5 lakhs children in Assam. In collaboration with National Skill Development Council (NSDC), the organisation is implementing several skill development programs in Bihar and other states. Currently, the organization has more than 1000 employees working in different projects and programs across India.
The Sr. Program Manager/ Program Manager is responsible for implementation of skill development, MDM, school health and nutrition and other community-based programs. The person will provide technical, managerial and monitoring support to the skill development programs, entrepreneurship development for employment generation, school health & nutrition and other community-based programs led by ESF in the state of Delhi, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and other states.
The person should be able to independently handle the skill development, school nutrition and other programs, manage a team of professionals, develop a structure and system for smooth functioning of the projects and programs. S/he is expected to build a collaboration and prolific relationship with the senior officials of the state governments, development partners, NGOs CSR initiatives, and other stakeholders. The Sr. Program Manager/ Program Manager will fulfil all administrative responsibilities, ensure that the project deliverables are met and strengthen team work. The Sr. Program Manager/ Program Manager will act as the focal point for all program activities and is responsible for coordination between all program related stakeholders.
The Sr. Program Manager/ Program Manager reports to the Director and works closely with the senior staff of country office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan and implement activities to achieve organisation’s goals and objectives
- Supervise implementation of program activities as per the agreed guidelines and framework of the organisation.
- Provide direction and guidance to the entire program team related to administration, HR, program, finance, safety and security and such related issues.
- Responsible for project team recruitment, employees training and skill development and performance evaluation.
- Develop a system to set targets and track achievements of the program team.
- Follow-up on the implementation of program activities in accordance with standard operating procedure and activities timeline.
- Develop an annual work-plan defining different activities to be undertaken in the program/ project areas to achieve the set goals.
- Facilitate partnership development/ linkages/convergence with State Government, NSDC, State Skill Development Authorities, CSR initiatives, local civil society organisations, state line departments and other external stakeholders to leverage the benefits of schemes, programs and infrastructure in the states.
- Attend all the national, regional, state level meetings, skill development authorities, govt. departments, industry bodies etc. for providing inputs about the implementation of the programs
- Ensure timely operation of centres, starting of the batch, mobilization of youths, training, placements, post-placements
- Timely updating of the candidate’s database and uploading on government portal, training of centre’s manager, trainers and other team members
- Identify funding/partnership opportunities and pro-actively work with other team members for developing concept notes and proposals with incorporation of theory of change, result-framework, monitoring and evaluation framework, budget and timeline
- Work in close coordination with senior management, program, finance team and regularly take their guidance and feedback on important management decisions
- Oversee program budget, finance plan and requirement of the district offices and regularly track of the expenses and prepare financial statements.
- Monitor program activities and regularly supervise and track employees’ activities and performances
- Review and monitor field operations and implementation of activities and achievements of results as specified in the annual operation plan.
- Submit weekly and quarterly progress reports to the supervisor of corporate office.
Required Qualification, Experience and Skills
Masters in Management/ Social Work/ Social Sciences/ Nutrition/ public health/ development or related areas. Advanced degree in skill development / entrepreneurship/ food/ nutrition would be an added advantage.
- At least 5-6 years of relevant working experience preferably in the development sector. Prior experience in managing community-based child/ youth related programs especially in skill development or entrepreneurship-program / food and nutrition areas will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record of successful large-scale program management, good governance and monitoring.
- Experience of handling multiple programs in different areas and locations
- Experience in report writing and developing program documents and work plans
- Experience in managing program budgets and maintaining financial control
- Experience in organizing workshops, training program and capacity development
Skills and Languages:
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, Hindi and other regional languages.
- Good documentation, power-point presentation, liaising and networking skills.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with MS office and internet.
- Willingness to travel project districts to provide support to district teams & ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timeline.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary stakeholders and partners.
- Encompass, motivate, and guide project team to implement all tasks in the best possible ways.
How to Apply:
Please send your updated CV with a covering letter describing your suitability for the position to email@example.com latest by February 24, 2019. Please mention the position “Sr. Program Manager/ Program Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ESF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on gender, sex, religion, caste or marital status.