sites of construction & maintenance in all areas.
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.7 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic. UNRWA is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 29,000 staff. Most of these staff is refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities - as teachers, doctors, nurse or social workers. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Vacancy Announcement Number
Limited Duration Contract (LDC)
Contract Duration •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
6 months •Duration (extendable)
Band E/S2-S5 Gross Monthly Salary from JD 909.800 to JD 1,189.700 including transportation allowance (No use for UN car) and other expenses and depending on professional knowledge, experience and location of projects.
Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, annual leave & dependency allowance (if applicable).
Infrastructure and Camp Improvement Program
Sites of construction & maintenance in all areas.
Issue Date••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••
Deadline for Applications•••••••
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post reports to Agency Electrical Engineer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures the incumbent:
• Responsible for safe and correct operation of the distribution of power supply and fixed equipment at Agency Premises;
• Inspect all materials supplied to the Premises (Schools, Health Centers…etc) by the (Contractor) electrician to be installed in the works & certify that they are in accordance with the specification.
• Inspect & certify the correct installation procedure at each stage during the installation of electrical material including lying of cables, wires, conduits & distribution boards etc.
• Measure, Record & Certify the quantities of Electrical Works installed at regular intervals, usually on weekly basis & before electrician submits an interim payment. Then finally certify the whole quantity of Electrical Work carried out upon completion of the work.
• Follow up & report on the progress of work regular basis to the project manager
• Ensure all LED light supplied to the site as per specifications & UNRWA requirements.
• Ensure that upgrading works was completed as per technical study prepared.
• Ensure that the installation/upgrading of all technical components related to AC systems, fire alarm system are made upon the study prepared.
• Attend meetings as requested by project manager and/or electrical engineer
• Test installed work for safety and adequacy;
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Independence of Work
(A) Application of guidance
•••• Incumbent has to apply all Agency procedures, rules, regulations and specifications for all work carried out. He is also required to apply his professional knowledge and exercise, judgment during implementation of all construction and maintenance work on electrical installed works in Agency buildings.
(B) Supervisory control over work of Incumbent
•• Decisions on safety and adequacy of electricity supply and fixed electrical equipment are made instantly. General instructions and supervision of day-to-day work are exercised by Project Manager.
• A university degree in Electrical Engineering (Power System).
• Minimum five years experience in supply and distribution of electricity to buildings.
• Working Knowledge of both English and Arabic is required.
• High level of skill in identifying electrical faults, diagnosing the root causes and taking remedial action;
• Ability to maintain good working relationship with user departments and work with others in own department in a team environment.
• Good Communication (both written& verbal) skills.
• Professional qualification in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems);
• Professional of a valid driving license in Jordan.
• When the minimum requirements are not met, the Director of Administration and Human• Resources, in consultation with the Director concerned, may exceptionally substitute part of these requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities. •
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. First priority will be given to fully qualified staff members; second priority to fully qualified external Palestine refugee applicants. An internal candidate with a temporary-indefinite or fixed-term appointment selected for this post will retain his/her current contractual status and entitlements in accordance with current letter of appointment and applicable Area Staff Rules.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staffs are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
Issue Date:• 13 February 2019