Grants Management Manager ( Re-advertsied )
Grants Management Manager (GMM)
Employment band: F – Manager
Overall purpose of the role
The Grants Management Manager (GMM) is responsible for the coordination and development of proposals for DRC’s programs in Yemen.
The GMM will ensure grant management through the project management cycle, including ensuring timely and good quality reports are submitted to donors and grants management databases and tools are kept updated. The GMM will ensure and provide guidance on compliance with DRC’s and donor’s rules, regulations, and guidelines.
This position also provides coordination and technical support to the Head of Programs (HoP) and the various Area Managers (AM) for the implementation of program activities.
Geographic scope: Country Yemen
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
· Lead proposal development processes; coordinate, collect, draft, and/or edit contributions and compile inputs from programme staff, technical advisors, HQ and/ or the regional office, and partners (if relevant) in line with the proposal development plan
· Collaborate with respective departments in proposal writing processes including local implementing partners as sub-grantees.
· Organise and lead grants meeting according to DRC grants meeting guidelines
· Review BFUs, consolidated spending, implementation, procurement, and staffing plans for each projects and flag up discrepancies to the teams and HoP at monthly grants meetings
· Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with donor and DRC rules, regulations, and guidelines and raise issues affecting external/ internal compliance
· Ensure quality information management related to grants (including managing the DRC Dynamics for Grants and in-country documentation and trackers)
· Ensure quality and timely submission of donor narrative and financial reports
· Lead application process and ensure compliance regarding (no-)cost extensions, amendments, top ups, reallocation
· Liaise with external key donors relating to specific grant programmatic issues
· Maintain and update the donor database to identify new donors and funding opportunities in line with the strategic priorities of DRC Country
· Grant management support to local implementing partners (sub grantees) and DRC Yemen Partnership department
· Provide technical support, guidance, and tools to implementing partners at proposal development process
· Support in the partnership capacity assessment to local implementing partners and collaborate with the partnership development manager in designing capacity building plans including grants management support
Capacity and Development
· Provide technical guidance and deliver trainings on DRC and donor guidelines and proposal development and reporting to field offices.
Fundraising and donor liaison:
· Support the development of DRC's fundraising strategies
· Support fundraising efforts in coordination with the country director and HoP, including undertaking donor mapping and providing briefings to in-country donor representatives
· Liaise with donor representatives and coordinate donor visits to programme sites, in support to the CD and the HoP.
DRC Dynamics ERP System
· Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity
· Ensure proper application of ERP grants and projects processes in the country
· Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in the country
Ensure that Country ERP support is in place (i.e. light users)
· Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility
· Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
· Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
· Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
Roles reporting to this position
Grants Management staff
Required experience and competencies
• At least 5 years' experience in proposal, project, or programme development, reporting, or grants management in an INGO
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Master's degree in international relations, humanitarian or development studies, business administration, or other relevant field
CVs of qualified candidates are invited by 26 February 2019. Due to the urgency of this hiring, interviews will be on a rolling basis; and a candidate might be selected even before the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.