Monitoring Assistant, SC4 and SC5 levels - Aden
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Date of issue: 13 February
Deadline: 27 February
Job Title: Monitoring Assistant
Contract: Service Contract
Grades: 4 and 5
Duration: 6 months
Location: Aden, Yemen
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions or vouchers; nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5; and gradually increase its cash assistance to 1 million people.
For more on WFP and what we do, please watch this video.
To coordinate, and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informed decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in a relevant area
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data
- Understands and can apply an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations
- Experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- By applying you acknowledge that this vacancy announcement is for multiple grade levels. WFP will review your skills and experience and consider you for roles at the appropriate level.
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online in English language only
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.