Lead Major Donor Engagement
medair zurich office | Switzerland
Lead Major Donor Engagement
Switzerland Global Support Office
In collaboration with the Swiss German Office team, develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking Switzerland by raising funds with HNWI and increasing visibility.
Deliver on demanding income targets both from own portfolio of key supporters (individuals, foundations, churches, companies etc.) and other key relationships in German-speaking Switzerland.
Responsible for stewarding existing donors and building a network of high giving individuals using a structured approach to develop a portfolio that will contribute to our growth strategy.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Zurich office, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Create and implement “moves management” strategy using Sales Force as a CRM tool.
- Identify new opportunities for business development.
Relationships fundraising with individuals
- Develop and manage personal contact with donors and prospects to build positive and sustainable relationships.
- Develop acquisition plan, identify new networks and generate new leads.
- Network at external conferences and events and when possible attend as a speaker to promote Medair.
- Promote and use fundraising products i.e. legacy giving.
- Contribute to the establishment of an advisory board with colleagues in the Global Support Office in Ecublens.
- Handle “Thank you management” for donors.
- In collaboration with Zurich team, create communication material such as writing project summaries, reports, letters, brochures and presentations.
- Provide support to the CEO and other senior staff in developing their key private relationships and networks in German-speaking Switzerland.
Leverage Christian networks
- Leverage Christian communities and networks to gather support and use as multiplier to attract individuals, corporates and foundations.
- Approach the Christian community proactively as a recruiting base.
Support and promote Medair fundraising events
- In collaboration with Zurich team, support and promote Medair fundraising events to attract new people and/or consolidate existing relationships.
- Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
- Lead the development of annual budget and revenue forecasting for key relationships in German-speaking Switzerland.
- Monitor private funding trends and issues.
- Contribute to fundraising and organisational strategy development.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level.
- Marketing, Sales, Account Management or Communication.
- Desirable: Overseas experience in a humanitarian/development project.
- Excellent written and spoken German skills.
- Good English working knowledge (spoken and written).
- Desirable: Fluent in Swiss German and good French working knowledge.
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Experience in CRM / sales management software.
- Desirable: Social media
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in front of small and large audiences.
- Networking skills.
- Analysing and strategic thinking.
- Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences.
- Ability to implement fundraising projects.
- Desirable: Understanding of International and humanitarian context.
- Desirable: Experience in business development.
- Goal and performance oriented.
- Pioneer and self-driven. Entrepreneurial mind-set, innovative and open for new approaches.
- Collaborative team player. People-oriented.