Legal Consultant - مستشار قانوني - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Position: Legal Consultant
Supervisor: ICLA Central Manager
Duty station: Amman, and central governorates
Duration of contract: 3 months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
Scope of work:
- Providing support to NRC beneficiaries on the issues related to birth, marriage and death registration.
- Assessing the legal viability of the cases, and the possibility of a viable support with respect to NRC’s beneficiaries’ interest and benefit.
- Preparing the legal documents needed to proceed and continue supporting NRC beneficiaries before the administrative and judicial competent bodies.
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports on the activities completed on a monthly basis.
- Providing NRC’s legal team with information on administrative and judicial practices in the scope of the thematic areas of service delivery.
- Filling in NRC legal case management tools.
- Providing regularly, NRC legal team with information on the details related to the follow-up on the legal cases and the actions taken.
- Attending periodic meetings, trainings, workshops and seminars directly related to the subject of service delivery.
- Minimum qualifications:
Necessary: Ability to travel between Amman, central governorates different areas, according to the requirements of the legal support for NRC’s beneficiaries in the scope of the subject of service delivery.
Necessary: A university degree in law.
Necessary: An active license from the Jordanian bar association to practice law in Jordan and proceed with the legal procedures before Shariaa and civil courts.
Necessary: Verbal and written fluency in Arabic.
Necessary: Committed to working with refugees; and supporting them to exercise their legal rights.
Desirable: Knowledge about the framework, national laws and legal procedures related to the provision of support to NRC’s beneficiaries on legal identity and civil documentation thematic area.
Desirable: Experience in legal matters related to foreigners’ legal status in Jordan.
Desirable: Experience in legal matters pertaining to personal status; including procedures related to birth, marriage and death registration.
The Job description in Arabic and in English is attached to this Advertisement.