Kolkata (India) | west bengal
FINANCE OFFICER– INDIA
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “Clean water for kids.” We are a small but growing team poised to achieve ground breaking results in the global health and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sectors. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in major cities around the world. In five years, that number will exceed 1,000,000.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash India is seeking an experienced and highly motivated finance professional to support the accounting & finance aspects of our work in Kolkata. As the Finance Officer, you will support the full accounting lifecycle from developing budgets through internal and external financial reporting. This position will work closely with colleagues from all departments across Splash India, as well as collaborate with the global Finance team. The Finance Officer will be based in Kolkata and work under the supervision of the Finance Manager, with dotted reporting line for global finance standards and practices to the global Finance team based in Seattle, USA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain Splash financial records and entries according to GAAP and accrual-based international public sector accounting standards (IPSAS) as well as the internal Accounting & Financial policies and procedures of the organization;
- Prepare monthly payroll for both program and administrative staff and settle applicable employment taxes, provident fund contributions, withholding tax and medical premiums;
- Prepare all payments, ensuring that each expense has proper authorization and valid supporting documents;
- Prepare journal vouchers for financial transactions including payments, deposits, and cash transfers;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for review by Finance Manager;
- Support cash flow tracking and projections to ensure the availability of cash and liaise with global team for managing cash balances in Splash India office;
- Manage petty cash expenditures and documentation, ensuring the accuracy and compliance of petty cash expenditure and its timely replenishment;
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and participate in the year-end audit; compile and prepare supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports as requested by auditors;
- Work with the Regional Director and Finance Manager to prepare grant-related reports and monitor financial compliance;
- Prepare a variety of financial reports, account summaries, and fluctuation analyses for both internal and external users;
- Maintain and track fixed asset and inventory control records;
- Perform administrative tasks and related duties as required;
- Maintain proper physical files storage for business transactions until retention period;
- Serve as key champion and advocate for Splash’s commitment to honesty and transparency in all internal and external financial matters and related communications;
Splash is seeking qualified candidates with demonstrated excellence and a minimum of five years of experience in a non-profit setting. Educational background must be in a relevant field, B.Com degree in Accounting or Finance. This position requires a professional level of written and verbal fluency in English and Bengali as well as a high level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications and experience with accounting in an ERP software. Ability to work and live in Kolkata is required.
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
- You enjoy working independently and consistently demonstrate initiative as a self-starter
- You are thoughtful and eager to identify and recommend improvements for our processes and programs
- You enjoy being part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction with others
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You think critically and put a high value on offering and receiving constructive feedback and criticism
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
Commensurate with experience