US Disaster Relief Deployment Manager
Virginia Beach (United States of America) | america
Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking a Deployment Manager to provide leadership and management for field staff and operations during disasters. They also will assist with the development of programs and manage new projects within disaster relief team.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Working knowledge of disaster relief deployment logistics and protocols
· Strong working knowledge of demolition and re-construction
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
· Excellent logistical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Extreme attention to detail
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Strong ability to lead, train and motivate others
· Must be a self-starter with ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, high-pressure, stressful with limited resources and “uncomfortable” environments
· Ability to operate heavy equipment (skid steers, cranes, etc.) and lift up to 60 lbs.
· Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
· Ability to travel on short notice for extended periods of time
· Strong technical ability or ability to learn technology
· Ability to make purchases on behalf of OBI as needed
Required Licenses or Certifications:
· Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
· CDL Class A (Preferred) or ability to obtain
· General Contractor Experience of License (Preferred)
Operation Blessing International is a non-profit humanitarian organization working in dozens of countries every day to bring relief to those who are suffering. OBI provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as disaster relief, health and medical care, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, safe water, and community development. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OBI offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OBI’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.