Quality and Safety Expert
- Function title: Quality and Safety Expert
- Reference: NOC-NM-2019-AD/035
- Location: Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations
- Grades for publication: AD7-8
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: NMD/SQS - Network Manager Directorate/Safety-Quality-Security
- Competition publication date: 21/02/2019
- Competition closing date: 21/03/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: A reserve list valid for one year may be established for the recruitment of similar posts
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Safety, Quality and Security service is responsible for developing, maintaining and promoting the Network Management Directorate policy for safety, quality and security and for monitoring its application in line with the relevant directives.
- To develop, maintain, monitor and evaluate implementation of the NMD integrated policies and other quality and safety integrated management system matters to meet the NMD strategic objectives and customers’ needs;
- To advise management and staff on the implementation and monitoring of the NMD Integrated Quality and Safety Management Systems. To provide technical advice to the Head of Unit on quality and safety related matters, in particular on the establishment and monitoring of Directorate-wide quality and safety performance indicators;
- To propose initiatives (projects, actions etc.) and develop related implementation planning; those initiatives aiming at continuous improvement and development of the Integrated Quality and Safety Management Systems consistent with the NMD integrated Management Systems (iMS);
- To ensure that all activities necessary to achieve and sustain ISO9001 Certification and regulatory requirements by the Directorate are planned, coordinated and executed;
- To facilitate internal interfaces and/or contractual arrangements with the ISO certification body, EASA and EC;
- To provide regular reviews to the HoU on suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls used within the Directorate, and recommendations for improvement to senior management;
- To develop and maintain the quality and safety manuals. To ensure that documentation and processes supporting and describing the NMD (iMS) are up-to-date;
- To execute quality audits and safety audits and surveys;
- To promote and deliver awareness of the ISO quality and safety fundamentals and of the NMD iMS within the Directorate (e.g. training course development and delivery);
- To perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job and the objectives of the Unit.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. aeronautical engineering, IT engineering...) or 3 years with at least 1 year of relevant working experience.
- In addition to the above, minimum 4 years of relevant working experience
- Internal candidates who do not meet the required level of education must justify appropriate professional experience within the Agency structure. Internal candidates should check on the intranet what level of in-house experience is required to compensate for any lack of educational qualifications.
- Experience in applying ISO Quality standards
- Experience in applying audit techniques (e.g. Lead Auditor)
- Experience in implementing a Quality Management System or a Safety Management System. Implementation in ATM would be considered as an asset.
- Understanding in applying the EU regulatory framework and Safety standards
- Understanding of compliance management
- Understanding of the lifecycle of product/service development
- As an asset:
- Knowledge of ISO security and Safety standards
- QMS Lead Auditor
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Networking: Maintains and expands effective networks.
- Organisational Awareness: Is aware of the instruments driving the Agency’s objectives.
- Problem solving: Anticipates and solves business issues.
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary to perform the described duties are required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 7 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the person will maintain his/her current type of appointment yet be selected to fill this position under the conditions set above (determined period). At the end of this limited-term appointment, he/she will be transferred to the type of post and grade corresponding to the one he/she held before the determined appointment.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex X of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.