Youth Project Manager - Camps (Nationals Only) - Jordan
camps (zaatari and azraq)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Youth Camp Project Manager position is to implement delegated Youth Camp project portfolio. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Line management for project staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Core Competency strategies.
- Initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects.
- Coordinate and manage project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Line Manager and the Core Competency Specialist.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection; explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with coordinators) and coordinate across Core Competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Manage NRCs Youth program in Zaatari and Azraq camp.
- Ensure active participation of NRC in all relevant youth fora, including the Youth Task Force at camp level.
- Develop selected pathways for students including internship and job opportunities including through the production capacity of the existing workshop
- Ensure staff and Syrian IBV + are trained and empowered.
- Actively identify new opportunities for programming and partnerships for course content and accreditation.
- Coordinate with programme partners to ensure effective and efficient joint implementation of courses and accreditation.
- Ensure strong collaboration with other CC and M&E and other organizations to identify opportunities for the students.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor degree with 5 years of experience with at least 3 years from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context. Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: Till September 30 2019
Salary/benefits: 2558 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Camps (Zaatari and Azraq)
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs