ICT Associate (for Malaysian Nationals only)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. As part of this commitment, UNDP adopted International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) on 1 January 2012, and established the Global Shared Services Unit (GSSU) to serve UNDP’s network of offices (covering 166 countries around the world) in the provision of financial and accounting services. The GSSU has been fully functioning since 2012, and is presently expanding the breadth of its services to support expanded finance, accounting and procurement processes as well as to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed. In addition to their day-to-day operations, the GSSC personnel are also involved in supporting UNDP’s country offices through transactions support training where needed.
The Global Shared Services Unit (GSSU) within the Bureau for Management Services (BMS) supports all UNDP offices and units with the provision of transactional services. This includes a core set of transactions in Finance and HR that are already being handled by the Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) in Kuala Lumpur. The GSSU is led by the Director who reports to the Director of Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Chief, the ICT Support Associate provides ICT services, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Support Associate works in close collaboration with the Directorate, GSSU and GSSC teams, ICT team in the CO and UNDP HQ staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues, collaborates with Regional ICT Officers (RIO), ICT Managers and other ICT Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Desktop administration and user support
- ICT corporate services
- Contract management and license/subscription management
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) and ICT cost-recovery
- Technical documentation and ICT intranet space
- Training support
- Installs and configures computer hardware, operating systems and application software;
- Assists in monitoring personal computers to ensure that software distributions are being delivered correctly;
- Assists in performing software distribution updates, scripting, testing and support;
- Performs second-level desktop troubleshooting in conjunction with the Help Desk;
- Assists in creating and managing user accounts and email accounts;
- Responds to user queries, helpdesk tickets and coordinates with the Infrastructure team to satisfy user requests within existing UNDP IT standards and procedures;
- Performances routine technical tasks including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Installs and configures the printers in cooperation with the vendor.
- Sets up the video conference sessions.
- Introduce UNDP Intranet and Office 365 services to GSSU personnel, including preparation and delivery of presentations, webinars, and training to ICT helpdesk staff;
- Test, deploy and configure SharePoint web parts into GSSU Intranet;
- Improve GSSU Intranet staff knowledge;
- Configure GSSU Intranet Access;
- Keep track on pending tasks related to GSSU Intranet and ensure completion by adequate resources.
- Maintain complete records on ICT contracts for goods and services including Long Term Agreements (LTA), keep track of provided goods/services, validate related invoices, and ensure timely payment;
- Manage an up-to-date inventory of the software licenses, subscriptions, certificates and procured online services by the ICT Section, and ensure timely extensions and updates;
- In coordination with the procurement team, create and keep track of ICT requests, contracts and vendor relations;
- Create requisitions and perform budget checks in ATLAS;
- Follow up with procurement and finance on status of ICT procurement cases.
- Keep track and report on all services provided to SLA clients;
- Generate ICT service delivery reports to SLA clients;
- Undertake complete ICT cost-recovery cycle (tracking, billing, invoicing and collection of service fees);
- Maintain and update the SLA service catalog and price list.
- Ensure that all technical documents are up to date;
- Act as the Intranet focal point for the ICT Section;
- Within the existing Intranet policies, facilitate and ensure optimal use of the corporate intranet for section operations.
- Participates in delivery of user training courses both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for appropriate IT courses related to UNDP standard software;
- Provides basic training to end-users on the use of standard systems;
- Log all actions in the automated tracking system, including site survey information, steps taken to resolve problem or to complete task, problems encountered, current status.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Gathering and disseminating information
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification) OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science desirable;
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- 6 years with Secondary education or 3 years with Bachelor’s degree of relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in English Language and Bahasa Malaysia. Other official language of the UN will be desirable.
Important applicant information
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.