MUAC Operational Systems (MOSYS) Automation Expert
- Function title: MUAC Operational Systems (MOSYS) Automation Expert
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-AD/053
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: General conditions of employment
- Grades for publication: AD5-6-7-8
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/OPS/OSD/MO - OPS/CO/Maastricht Operational Systems
- Competition publication date: 28/02/2019
- Competition closing date: 28/03/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: A reserve list valid for one year may be established for the recruitment of similar posts
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Maastricht Operational Systems Service ensures that operational requirements from internal and external users are aligned with the MUAC operational concept and with the MUAC strategy and decisions of operational and technical nature.
Your role will to:
- lead the MUAC automation strategy – maintenance and further development of strategy, development of automation principles and guidelines, and to ensure that all elements are known and shared within MUAC
- conduct automation related studies and ensure start-up of implementation activities
- provide expert advice to MUAC staff involved in automation implementation in order to get to correct user requirements (business and task analysis, creative thinking);
- contribute to innovative future concepts and provide expert advice to Management (within and outside OPS);
- translate user requirements into operational specifications for new and existing tools;
- coordinate automation activities with Team Leaders and System Architects in Engineering representing the operational perspective;
- coordinate validation of developed tools against specifications and concepts and present validation reports to the Programme Board;
- deliver expert content for training material and draft technical working documents for OPS users;
- perform any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 3 years in a relevant field, attested by a diploma.
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Internal candidates who do not meet the required level of education must justify appropriate professional experience within the Agency structure. Internal candidates should check on the intranet what level of in-house experience is required to compensate for any lack of educational qualifications.
- Experience in ATM/ATC technical systems with focus on human factors.
- Experience in writing functional specifications and assessing technological proposals with focus on human factors.
- Knowledge of ATM/ATFCM system architecture, constituents, interfaces and functionalities.
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems and techniques related to technical systems.
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Influencing: tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Strategic focus: aligns actions to strategy.
- Leading: implements direction.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties. For this particular post, candidates must have thorough knowledge of English (written/oral).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 7 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the person will maintain his/her current type of appointment yet be selected to fill this position under the conditions set above (determined period). At the end of this limited-term appointment, he/she will be transferred to the type of post and grade corresponding to the one he/she held before the determined appointment.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex X of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.