Consultant (STC) for Enterprise Financing
Terms of Reference: Consultant (STC) for Enterprise Financing
The World Bank Agriculture Global Practice aims to support Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) and Ministry of Food Processing (MoFPI) in strengthening rural entrepreneurship over the next five years. The National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) is the next phase of the World Bank funding (250 million USD) to the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM), implemented by MoRD. Building on the institutional strengths of Self Help Groups and the State Rural Livelihoods missions, NRETP, aims to support the growth and expansion of farm and non-farm enterprises through improvements in value chain development, market access, access to business development services and skills development. With MoFPI, the main objective of the proposed program (project in preparation phase), is to modernize and enhance the competitiveness of the unorganized segment of the food processing industry in selected States and districts of India. This will be achieved by supporting the creation of more favourable economic, financial, and regulatory frameworks for micro- and small-scale food processing enterprises (MSEs) to upgrade, grow and compete on domestic and global markets.
In the context of focused engagement with rural enterprises in these two investments, access to finance will remain central and a short-term consultant is required for providing technical assistance to these programs.
Overall: Assist in liaison with partners, provide supervision and implementation technical assistance on enterprise financing (individual and collective). This shall entail supporting clients and World Bank Task Team Leaders (TTLs) in strategy development, facilitating pilot roll-out in implementation sites with specific States, facilitating partnerships with financial service providers, supporting clients in developing tailored products and processes and information systems to capture project progress. Specific areas of focus are expected to be:
- Develop strategy and provide implementation support to clients on upscaling pilots related to Digital Financial Services
- Assist teams in scoping for partners and strategic convening of stakeholders to engage in the respective projects
- Develop briefing notes and relevant knowledge products based on the learning from pilots
- Assist and guide project teams in developing MIS & Data analytic tools, dashboards for progress monitoring purpose
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
2.Eligibility Criteria :
The minimum requirements are as following:
- Masters degree in business administration, economics, finance , rural management or related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in micro enterprise finance (MUDRA/missing middle segment, unsecured loans) and/or agriculture finance; combination of consulting and financial service industry (providers) experience will be preferred.
- Combination of experience in micro enterprise finance (missing middle segment) and financing of producer collectives would be advantageous.
- Exposure to digital lending and experience with leveraging alternate datasets and alternate channels such as Business Correspondents would be preferred.
- Cross functional experience covering operations, business development and risk management function is desirable.
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in software such as MS-Excel and Power Point skills are essential
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and team player who is willing to travel at least 5-7 days a month.
3. Duration of the contract:
Please note that this assignment is on part time basis & will be for 100 days in the first calendar year, with a possibility for extension based on performance and business needs. The consultant will report to the TTL(s) of NRETP & MoFPI and other projects in the Agriculture GP as defined in the contract offered to the selected consultant. We expect to need your services from April 01'2019.
4. Applications Instructions:
Interested applicants should send a 2-page(s) resume, including contact details for references, with a cover letter by 10/14 /2019 to Geeta Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org).