Field Coordinator Bangladesh
Dhaka (Bangladesh) | Bangladesh
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting :
A Field Coordinator (H/F) based in Dhaka
SIF started its activities in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh in October 2017 and has since been implementing with its partners Wash, Education, Food security projects to the Rohingya community.
Based in Dhaka, SIF Field Coordinator provides overall support to SIF partner(s) in Bangladesh.
The Field Coordinator proposes a local strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
He/she coordinates and evaluates the current the partnerships and is responsible for the development of new partnerships.
He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the SIF values and ethics, respecting all internal and contractual procedures.
He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly
As the only represantative of SIF in Bangladesh, the Field Coordinator will :
- Propose and develop an operational strategy in line with the SIF’s values and humanitarian needs
- Follow up SIF official registration process with the relevant national authorities
- Assesse local partnership opportunities
- Define partnership modalities with the operational partners
- Ensure that the programmes are relevant and consistent, in accordance with the operational strategy, SIF’s technical requirements and financial donor criteria
- Define and supervise the capacity building plans of the local partners
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of the projects and current partners’ outputs and outcomes
- Organize regular lessons learnt events with the partner organization(s) to assure progressive improvement of the response
- Ensure that financial resources and other means necessary for accomplishing projects are mobilized
- Monitor and analyse the security situation
- Participate in the search for funding
- Strengthen relations between SIF and donor representatives
- Be the official representative of SIF for aid workers, administrative, political and local authorities, civil society and the media
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Field-Coordinator, Program Manager, or Technical Manager (WASH, Child Protection)
- Experience with working in partnership with local NGOs, and their capacity building
- Successful experience in managing multi-sector programs especially WASH and Child Protection
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal communication skills. Capacity in managing a multi-technical and multi-ethnic team.
- Capacity to act with diplomacy & proven liaison and negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience with project cycle management (including reporting and proposal writing)
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators…)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- An understanding of commitment to SIF mission and values
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- French fixed term contract : 6 months
- Remuneration according to SIF salary scale
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.