Associate - Laos Country Program
Associate - Laos Country Program
The Associate ensures consistent quality across project and/or output deliverables. The primary role of the Associate is responsible for maintaining and verifying project/output level budget execution and maintains in-line with GGGI policies and work plan budget (WPB); setting up procurement plans, hiring and onboarding plans, contract management in keeping with GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements.
The role of Associate is to ensure process integrity in wastewater treatment project operations and meet established institutional policies, standards and donor requirements across budget execution, procurement & HR processes implementation and other operational functions with attention to detail.
- Ensures smooth operation of Wastewater Treatment Project with technical and non-technical aspects such as administrative, financial, and managerial duties;
- Monitors and reports on project and work stream activities to ensure efficiency and consistency with established workplans to support program management;
- Supports the project budget monitoring and expenditures tracking to safeguard and manage program resources efficiently and optimize resource allocation and utilization throughout project/output delivery;
- Oversees and integrates transactions in Finance, HR, Legal, Procurement for the Wastewater project in an effective service platform;
- Supports the project team in duties that can include general clerical tasks: drafting documents, correspondences, and timely scheduling in management of project;
- Acts as the focal point for Wastewater Treatment Project and provides effective coordination and communication among GGGI and concerned government stake holders such as Department of Water Supply, Department of Public Works and Transport and Pakse City Offices;
- Advises project team on the procedures, policies and tools of all operational transactions for project/output delivery in-line with both GGGI protocol and GoL policies:
- Identifies issues and risks that will affect the program and its delivery and report to the project manager in a timely manner;
- Assesses issues across projects and work streams and advises project staff on remedial measures in order to maintain integrity of delivery;
- Anticipates issues impacting consistent service delivery and recommends quality remedial solutions for effective project-based management;
- Anticipates and fulfills donor and project requirements and ensures alignment of services to meet those needs;
- Prepares logistics procedures and requirements for external partners who participate in GGGI workshops and meetings;
- Liaises and develops relationships with partners and stakeholders whenever necessary.
- Supports the planning and implementation of WWT project activities;
- Monitors and report of project spending, procurement plans and requisition procedures in-line with yearly work programs’ budgets;
- Verifies data and completes data entry and necessary documentation from spending and expenditures for WWT project management;
- Supports preparation of project reports on a monthly, quarterly and annually basis in order to report to donors and program stakeholders;
- Maintains and safeguards program filing system and standard of reporting/documenting quality;
- Consolidates financial documentation for projects and ensure accuracy of project financial reporting;
- Prepares and supports the project and program audits;
- Manages office facilities and maintains physical asset records;
- Provides logistical arrangements in respect to workshops and meetings of the country office including flight and ground transportation arrangements, visa processing, accommodations, and dealing with allowances and expense claims in-line with GGGI travel and resource person policies;
- Assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of documents, approvals, signatures to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements;
- Compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, workplans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in the field of Environmental Science, Urban Development, and related fields;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of wastewater management, community engagement, management reporting, and assisting projects;
- Strong verbal and written English, native Lao speaker;
- Knowledge of key players in climate change and sustainable development sectors, both domestically and internationally;
- Knowledge of the political environment in Lao PDR in terms of green strategy and sustainable development;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and prioritization skills;
- Experience working in an international organization and working with multi-cultural teams highly desired;
- Experience working within the government of Lao PDR highly desired;
- A pleasant personality striving towards excellence through hard-work and a can-do attitude.
- Provide day-to-day support for WWT project and GGGI Lao team;
- Support the planning and execution all necessary technical, administrative functions, and carry out office duties tasks and activities of work coordination and supervision on specific documents and relevant fields;
- Provide essential and succinct research support to managers in the country team to effectively deliver project outputs;
- Support senior managers in the country team to build, nurture and sustain stakeholder partnerships with national and sub-national governments;
- Coordinate internal and external meetings locally and internationally;
- Assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements;
- Ensure efficient time management in order to manage complex daily activities in project and output delivery;
- Translate and interpret documents, as required.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promotes creativity and innovation among staff.