Information Systems Analyst
Background Information - Job-specific
The position is located in Bangkok, Thailand. This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat and located in the United Nations Enterprise Application Centre- Bangkok (EAC – BKK). The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
In 2014 EAC-BKK was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-BKK oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
The Information Systems Analyst shall design and develop Java web applications, web services, mobile applications, and interfaces based on JEE framework and associated web technologies to implement user requirements and map new business processes. The incumbent also prepares relevant documentation, configure JEE server, and assure the integration of mobile and VR/AR components into the other UN platforms, by liaising with other developers and system administrators.
The incumbent is expected to produce following deliverables:
- As a part of development team, contribute in development of enterprise and mobile applications
- Carry out systems analysis, design and development of technical artifacts
- Develop technical and functional specifications
- Conduct system integrations based on the sound architectural design
- Ensure data security and access control
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new technologies for sustainable operations of the developed systems
- Provide third-tier support and provide expert advice to resolve incidents and recurring problems to improve the stability of information systems
- Perform other duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- In coordination with the senior project managers, the incumbent is to monitor the progress and assure the on-time deliveries of technical artifacts and documents produced by the development team
- The incumbent is expected to exercise flexibility in dynamically changing delivery requirements and coordination skills in the controls of delivery schedule
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. Advanced university degree in a relevant field desirable.
Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in information systems analysis, programming, systems administration and maintenance, software development is required for a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
Minimum 2 years of practical hands-on experience in JEE & Spring framework, VR is highly desirable.
Hands-on technical experience in at least 4 of the following technologies is highly desirable:
Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 8
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC)
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies. The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.