Transaction Management and Restructuring Directorate (TMR) – Transaction Management Department (TM) - Restructuring & Resolutions Division (RR) is seeking to recruit for its Project Finance Unit, at it's headquarters in Luxembourg
Graduate (GRAD) - Transaction Management Department
This is a full-time position at GRAD level
The term of this contract will be 2 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of May
The Graduate will provide support to senior officers in carrying out monitoring tasks including financial analysis, external and internal reporting, and communication with internal and external counterparts within a portfolio of signed EIB Corporate and Project Finance operations.
The Transaction Management and Restructuring Directorate (TMR) monitors counterparts and financial contracts and acts on contractual events under its responsibility, as well as on distressed transactions in order to protect the EIB’s financial interest and reputation. The Directorate is responsible for the financial monitoring, event resolution, divestment and restructuring of :
- EU and non-EU debt counterparts,
- Equity funds, equity-type and subordinated instruments after disbursement/investment or signature, as applicable
EU and non-EU private sector distressed transactions
TMR is also responsible for developing and updating Bank-wide Financial Monitoring guidelines.
TMR/TM/RR is the Division responsible for the (i) handling and restructuring of the Bank’s impaired EU and Non-EU operations / counterparts as well as the (ii) resolutions related to selected post signature events requiring a more intensified approach. The TMR/TM/RR division is responsible, together with a dedicated RM division, for the co-ordination of the Watch List and Internal Defaults. Together with FC, TMR/TM/RR manages the Bank’s specific provisions.
As a GRAD you would provide assistance to the Head of the Restructuring and Resolutions Division (RR) and RR Unit Heads and you would support senior officers in carrying out monitoring tasks including financial analysis, external and internal reporting, and communication with internal and external counterparts.
Tasks would include:
Restructuring / Event Resolution Tasks:
- Assist in monitoring counterparts and producing annual counterpart reviews
- Assist in business case analysis and financial modelling
- Provide support to the restructuring officers with event resolutions as well as restructuring, repackaging and refinancing as and when required
- Liaise with other EIB directorates and external parties
- Perform background research on restructuring topics of general interest and assist in the preparation of internal presentations
Transacation Portfolio Monitoring and Internal Reporting:
- Together with the Operational Assistant, ensure data records of transactions under RR’s responsibility are accurate and up to date (including cleanup of legacy issues)
- Together with the Operational Assistant, cooperate with TMR’s Data & Systems Division to develop, design and implement improved reporting systems for the RR Division. Perform specific statistical analyses of RR performance
- Own and update the RR library, a document summarizing the key aspects of past event resolutions and transactions
- Assist in the preparation of internal reporting (watch list, specific provisions and related restructuring activity reports)
Contribute to the production of the monthly and quarterly TMR Dashboards
- University degree in a business related subject, preferably in Finance
- Work experience should be limited to a maximum of two years after graduation, excluding summer jobs and internships
- Experience with reviewing and building financial models would be a distinct advantage
- Some experience in equity and/or long-term debt business would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis
- Good/excellent statistical and modeling skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French. Knowledge of other EU languages (preferably Spanish, Italian) would be an advantage
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Deadline for applications: 25th March 2019
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates, irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.