Communication Officer - Design & Brand, NOA, Jordan Country Office, Amman 109828 (open for Jordanian Nationals only)
UNICEF Jordan Country Office, is looking for a Communication Officer to provide implementing the communication strategy to the Communication Section.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job:
The Communication Officer [Design & Brand] is responsible for implementing the communication strategy, with a focus on brand building, visibility needs and design needs, including digital and publications.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Monitor, follow up and evaluate the country office's brand and public perception study and share results and analysis once completed, including recommended actions to Communication team and by Programme to strengthen the brand.
- Create and roll out a country office brand book and tool kit to guide staff and partners.
Design and Printing
Create, monitor and manage external contractors to ensure that UNICEF communications are visually impactful and effectively represent the brand.
Tasks and duties:
- Produce creative and quality design for internal and external digital and printed products, including, but not limited to, presentations, briefing notes, infographics, website pages, social media macros, reports.
- Coordinate and liaise with designers, printers and Programme staff to create high quality products including external reports, educational materials, branded products, exterior and interior branding, and animations.
- Produce creative concepts and manage the design of external events.
- Create a library of best practice design to strengthen communication and brand.
Ensure that the UNICEF brand is clearly communicated online, through staff and in supported sites to contribute to a strong brand.
Tasks and duties:
- Work with Programme staff to ensure the UNICEF, and partner visibility were appropriate, is established and effective in programme sites and the visual identity of UNICEF-supported sites clearly articulates the vision of our work for children, and where appropriate their voice.
- Ensure that where appropriate the visuals in UNICEF supported sites are child-friendly, brand appropriate and incorporate creative assets developed internally and in partnerships.
- Ensure UNICEF staff and partners have appropriate visibility and are contributing to a strengthened brand.
- Work on flagships within the Country Programme that have a separate brand identity to ensure it works in coordination with the UNICEF brand and develop new visual identities where appropriate.
Monitor the effectiveness of visibility and report to the Communication Team.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Education: Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or any other related area is required. Degree/Technical training in Design, Graphic Design, Art or Visual Communications is highly desirable.
Experience: One year of practical professional work experience in communication area is required. Experience working in Design, Art, Graphic Design or Visual Communications is highly desirable. Experience using design tools and software. Ability to deliver within strict deadlines.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Arabic.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles