Emergency Operations Specialist
Various Locations (Various)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Handle day-to-day operational aspects of emergency response projects and programmes in accordance with the project management cycle from initiation phase to operational and financial closure;
- Organize the travel and arrival of all deployed/mission personnel;
- Participate in needs and disaster assessments, including interagency assessments and processes;
- Research and analyze technical, food and nutrition security assessments, emergency response, policy related and/or funding/project related data and information to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services;
- Participate in the design of emergency/rehabilitation projects and programmes, including the preparation and presentation of project proposals and fully-fledged project documents.
- Ensure technical clearance is obtained from the relevant technical unit for all project proposals, project documents and technical specifications;
- Provide operational support to the implementation emergency projects and programmes, including budgetary management and monitoring expenditures;
- Produce various proposals, programme/project documents, briefs, financial/donor reports and final statements, etc.;
- Liaise with other government, UN, cluster/sector, NGO and donor partners at the appropriate level to ensure the best preparation and implementation of emergency activities;
- Prepare and participates in meetings and international fora related to humanitarian relief matters;
- Formulate correspondence with recipient governments and donors;
- Provide operational support and promote capacity development at the country-level;
- Monitor and provide support to resource mobilization activities;
- Report against the country programme dashboard;
- Maintain and updates information systems and databases, as applicable;
- Undertake travel to ensure adequate operational support is provided to the implementation of emergency projects and programmes;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the mandate of the Organization;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in humanitarian and agricultural/rural development sectors including work
- Working knowledge of either English or French, limited knowledge of any of the two languages depending on the country of assignment.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good written communication skills, including in emergency settings;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, make appropriate recommendations, effective decisions, including in emergency settings;
- Strong foundation in programme formulation, planning, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Experience with national and international NGO’s, UN agencies, governments and donors.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency