Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe mission of WHO's Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES1. Oversee all administrative requirements for the medical logistics hub in Dubai including visa arrangements, pouch management, petty cash for office expenditures, procurement, communications, and the financial management of all office operations.2. Receive, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence. Make searches, provide background and prepare drafts of correspondence of non-technical nature.3. Type correspondence, documents, reports, papers and prepare presentations. Proofread for correctness. Finalize and dispatch all outgoing correspondence.4. In collaboration with supervisors, monitor deadlines, reminding concerned staff of such and ensuring that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.5. Responsible for maintaining the unit filing system.6. Correspond with suppliers to complete the data needed for the creation of Supplier Form in GSM.7. Assist the logistics and procurement assistants in creating GSM registrations, uploading documents in RMS and generating GSM statistical reports related to logistics and procurement.8. Prepare and update weekly report on emergency procurement projects and ensure all stocks are entered into GIMS.9. Provide workplan financial management for the revolving fund supporting the procurement of emergency medical supplies inclusive of ex-batch transactions to ensure financial viability of the fund.
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial and administrative training.
Desirable\: University degree in business administration, management, social science or related field.
ExperienceEssential\: At least 3 years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
Desirable\: Experience in WHO or UN system.
Skills- Good knowledge of WHO Manual, rules, practices, offices procedures and organization structure.- Ability to function speedily under heavy workload and meet deadlines and to coordinate with support staff- Good filing and organization skills
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at AED 192,961 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.