Administrative Associate, GS6 (Post#: 51900) - OPEN ONLY TO KIRIBATI NATIONALS
The UNICEF Pacific Office in Kiribati is looking to fill in the post of Administrative Associate at the GS6 level based in the Kiribati Office. Applications are open to Kiribati Nationals Only. The Administrative Associate will report directly to the Chief of Field Office and will be responsible to provide a wide range of administrative functions.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
UNICEF Pacific is a Multi-Country Office based in Suva, Fiji that supports UNICEF programmes and operations in 14 Pacific Island Countries in the areas of Education, Child Protection, Child Survival and Development, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Finance, Human Resources, Administration and Information Technology. UNICEF Pacific has 3 Field Offices in Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Kiribati.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant at the GS-6 level in the UNICEF Pacific Office based in Tarawa, Kiribati. Successful applicants will participate in a thorough selection process.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Field Office, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
Key expected results:
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
Assist in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in vision.
- Upload electronic files and verify results to destination system.
Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries.
Contracting of consultants or other service providers
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in vision, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
Events and Conferences
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials in the intranet.
Prepares and maintains agendas on meeting and events related to the work group commitments.
Property management, office equipment, vehicles
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items.
Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
General Administrative Duties
- Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information
- Maintain attendance records / act as a leave focal point.
- Monitor the utilization of all financial input requisitions and report to the supervisor for necessary adjustments (over-utilization, shortage of funds, etc.) Familiarize with programme monitoring related instructions/tools and report to supervisor for significant changes
Updates and conducts Warden System checks and Emergency drills when necessary.
As an advocate for every child, you should have…
- Completion of secondary education with six (6) years of clerical and administrative work experience in the area is required.
- *A Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate course in Finance/Business administration with two (2) years of relevant work experience will be considered as an asset.
- Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
For every Child, you will need to demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies of Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Planning and Organizing and Following instructions and procedures.
Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements as these are not the organization’s responsibility.
All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by submitting your application online portal.
Your application should include
1. cover letter describing how you best meet each of the requirements of the post,
2. Most updated CV or Resume two
3. Completed online application with certified copy of your academic transcripts
All applications should be in English. Incomplete online applications will not be considered.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.