Grants & Contracts Systems Officer (19-29)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 19-29 G&CO/HQ/NRS
GRANTS & CONTRACTS SYSTEMS OFFICER The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a Grants & Contracts (G&C) Systems Officer with excellent administrative andorganizational skillstosupportthe Unitin managing thesystems for donor andpartner award portfolio to ensure adequate access and distribution of information and compliance with donor’s requirements.
The position: The G&C Systems Officer position will be based on Lima, Peru supporting the management of the Grants & Contracts and CIP related systems in relation to the donor and partner award portfolio, to ensure efficient access and distribution of information regarding the portfolio of awards in G&C and the compliance with donors’ requirements. The position will report directly to Grants & Contract Head and co-report to the Grants & Contracts Sr. Manager.
• Responsible for the analysis and input of data and repository information into the CIP ERP system, OCS*. In charge of creating and maintaining Agreement and Partner Master Files and generation of related reports/databases.
• Responsible for the management of the Knowledge Management Hub of Grants and Contracts public and internal sites (creating content, maintaining and updating data for GnC public site and team site); and input to the Knowledge Management Hub of Projects
• Responsible for the management of all electronic and hard copies to ensure correct record keeping of project files including the documentary project closeout.
• Carriesoutsystematiccrossverificationofgrant/contractdocumentationhardcopies,softcopies&systems to ensure all three modes of documentation match at all times.
• Support the G&C office with the management and maintenance of the track-it system (internal work order assignment tool) and generation of related reports.
• Supports the G&C office with the distribution of documents internally and externally. • Supports the G&C office with the closeout of partner agreements and reporting to donors. *OCS refers to the One Corporate System (ERP).
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Data/Information management, International Development or related field or an equivalent combination of training with 3-5 years’ work experience. • 6 years of experience in similar positions.
• At least 3 years grant and contract management experience in an international organization or consulting firm. Experience in international development and donor-funded projects is highly desirable. • Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at once; superior organizational skills; attentive to details. • Know-how in grant and contract database management.
• Knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). • Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge in software solutions (ERP). Basic knowledge in SharePoint page editing, creation of content and websites is desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish, including proofreading skills. • Proactive, innovative and creative attitudes.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background. • CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact
information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work
experience. Screening of applications will begin on March 22, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All
applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly
encouraged to apply