Finance and Adminstration Coordinator (Maternity cover, locally recruited)
IDLO IN MONGOLIA
IDLO has been contributing to enhancing the rule of law and improving the investment climate in Mongolia since 2012 through its’ commercial law projects. Fruitful cooperation has been established with the Mongolian Government, civil society organizations and international community.
Currently IDLO programming is focused on promoting coordination among justice sector actors to more effectively tackle domestic violence in Mongolia. Activities include strengthening of justice institutions through provision of specialized support and expertise as well as cross-sectoral capacity building program on domestic violence response along justice chain. With the support of Global Affairs Canada IDLO will further expand its work on domestic violence in Mongolia by invigorating civil society oversight over the implementation of the relevant legislation. The areas of work will include trial observation, research on the access to justice in cases of domestic violence to identify gaps, building legal aid network and empowering the survivors of domestic violence through legal awareness campaign, incorporating their stories.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Manager, Mongolia and in close collaboration with the Regional Program Manager and the Regional Program Accountant in HQ, the Finance and Administration Coordinator, will undertake the following tasks to support IDLO projects in Mongolia (the Projects):
- Act as focal point for day-to-day administrative and financial issues relating to the program, including but not limited to, liaising with relevant IDLO departments;
- With guidance from the supervisor and in collaboration with Human Resources in HQ, provide support in processing of local contracts;
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all financial information, reports and documentation to Headquarters from the Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) Field Office;
- Track financial progress of projects; analyze project expenses as required, underline budget deviations and provide analysis;
- Draft and review, in collaboration with the Country Manager and other relevant Program Staff, the monthly project financial forecast to be submitted to Headquarters;
- Review, analyze and assist in the preparation of cost estimates and budget proposals related to the programs and program development;
- Monitor program expenditures, status of implementation and utilization of funds and ensure compliance with IDLO and Donors’ Financial Procedures; contribute to project and/or budget revisions as required;
- Closely review procurement documents to ensure they comply with IDLO policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations;
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, receipts and transfers;
- Under supervision of the IDLO HQ and the Regional Program Accountant, coordinate the procurement of banking services and the opening of an IDLO Bank account in a commercial bank in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia;
- Liaise with bank officials to resolve problems or facilitate improved service;
- Prepare bank and cash accounting worksheet, ensuring transactions are updated on a monthly basis;
- Prepare and regularly update inventory lists for the field office;
- Ensure that a proper and transparent filing of all finance and administration documents relating to the management of the office are properly and transparently filed and regularly shipped to HQ as per IDLO policy;
- Provide support in the day-to-day running of the Ulaanbaatar Field Office.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or related field is required.
- Professional accounting qualifications like ACCA, CPA are highly desired.
- 5 years of professional experience with financial and administrative tasks, preferably in an International Organization.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects highly desired.
Fluency in Mongolian and English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter, able to identify improvements to working practice, make recommendations and implement change;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments;
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be offered an Affiliate contract for this maternity cover of seven (7) months. IDLO offers a monthly remuneration for this position in the range of US$ 1,800-US$ 2,000 including a leave package and medical insurance.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to International employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.