Program Associate (Maternity Cover, locally recruited)
Under the direct supervision of the Judicial Reform Advisor based in Bishkek, the Program Associate will assist the supervisor in the capacity building and training activities for the judiciary, formal and informal justice system, to support a truly independent judiciary and restore public trust in judges, prosecutors, etc. She/he will work with program counterparts in the Kyrgyz judiciary and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to help build resource capacity for the improvement of the justice system. The incumbent will contribute to coordination, implementation and monitoring of projects and activities in training and capacity-building activities.
The Program Associate will support implementation of the activities in country under the USAID-IDLO Trusted Judiciary, EBRD Commercial Mediation and other programs as determined by the supervisor. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in coordinating the overall work of Working Groups (WG) created under IDLO Kyrgyzstan programs;
- Perform monitoring of training of judges by the High Justice Training Center (HJTC);
- Assist comprehensively to the Working Groups on unified judicial practice;
- Maintain ongoing learning and advance processes; report in a timely fashion any challenges or problems in project implementation, and respond accordingly;
- Conduct research relevant to program activities; be available for travel within Kyrgyzstan, not exceeding 30% of time;
- Participate in organizing training, seminars and meetings, both in terms of their contents and logistical aspects;
- Document and record all the necessary information during WG meetings, and in coordination with Chairs of the WGs compile protocols;
- Draft and submit contracts, terms of reference for new WG members, and monthly invoices for processing their honoraria;
- Help implement pre-service and continuing legal education programs for judges;
- Initiate procurement processes for the program related purposes;
- Provide timely information on the work of the WGs for donor reporting;
- Support the WGs with necessary information, support, and materials; and
- Adhere to internal IDLO, management, and program donor rules.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate degree in Law, Human Rights, Development, International Relations or relevant field from a recognized university is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years of substantial professional experience, ideally within an international organization. Professional experience in working on Rule of Law programming and projects is desirable;
- Fluent oral and writing skills in Russian, English and Kyrgyz are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient use of other ICT software;
- Works well with others and actively participates in team efforts. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the country, when necessary;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Program Associate will be based in Bishkek but required to perform services from other locations in Kyrgyzstan as determined by the supervisor.
For this maternity leave cover, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Special Service Contract of five (5) months, with possibility of extension, subject to need, performance and availability of funding. For this support position, IDLO shall offer the suitable candidate a monthly salary in the bandwidth of the position and medical insurance. This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible to allow for adequate handover.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.