NATIONAL POST: Programme Assistant (Youth, Gender and Population & Development), Maputo, Mozambique, G-5
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
Under the overall guidance of the Representative and the direct supervision of the Youth Programme Specialist, the Program Assistant supports the Youth, Gender and Population & Development programme teams and is responsible for providing programme and administrative and logistics support, document management, to support the programme planning, implementation and monitoring activities of the Programme Specialists and Analysts assigned to the team
The Programme Assistant provides programme, research, administrative and financial management support to the team and plays a fundamental role in supporting planning and partnership, effective project management to implementing partners and project teams for the implementation of the country programme.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualificatoins and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- First level university degree in business/public administration, finance, economics or relevant social science discipline desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of relevant experience in project/programme management in private, national and/or international organizations.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and a good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.
- Previous experience in the UN is an asset.
- Good knowledge of ERP, PeopleSoft or other web-based integrated system required.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Fluency in oral and written English and Portuguese languages is required