NATIONAL POST: Human Resources Associate, Maputo, Mozambique, G-7
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
The Human Resource Associate delivers effective human resource advice and services to internal and external clients in compliance with established rules, guidelines, processes and procedures, and takes a client-oriented and result-focused approach when providing human resource management related guidance to both Country Office (CO) and UNFPA supported projects. The Human Resource Associate reports directly to the Operations Analyst under the guidance of the International Operations Manager and collaborates closely with the Operations and programme staff in the Country Office. S/he supervises the Administrative and HR Associate.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree or higher in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, international development studies, or similar discipline highly desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years’ related work experience.
- Familiarity with UN Personnel and administrative procedures and the ability to interpret administrative and personnel rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely.
- Proven experience and track record in successfully managing and implementing HR policies, processes and systems in development organizations.
- Experience in working in team and leading people is highly desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, ERP (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP and other ERP systems), E-filing system and other software applications is required.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.