NATIONAL POST: Logistics/Administrative Associate, Maputo, Mozambique, G-6
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
Under the guidance and supervision of the International Operations Manager (IOM), the Logistics and Administrative Associate provides logistics, asset management and administrative guidance and support to the Country Office and Implementing Partners, and collaborates closely with the programme and projects staff in the Country Office.
The incumbent delivers quality services in logistics, travel management and assets management and provide guidance and support to internal and external clients, in full compliance with all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented, result-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- First university degree or diploma in accounting, business or public administration, finance or similar discipline highly desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant administrative / logistics management experience in the public or private sector;
- Familiarity with UN administrative procedures and the ability to interpret the administrative and personnel rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely is desirable.
- Previous experience in the UN an advantage.
- Proficiency in web-based systems/ERP (e.g. PeopleSoft), MS Office (Word, Excel, PopowerPoint, etc) and other computerized applications required.
- Knowledge of web-based Assets Management application is an asset.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.