Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#29 | Tehrān
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager to achieve quality programming in Iran. The Livelihood and Food Security Project Manager will be responsible to lead the implementation of all Livelihood and Food Security activities under supervision of Area Manager .
Our ideal Candidate:
Are you NRC’s future Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager in Iran?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for an innovative analytical thinker leader, with strategical thinking approach and managerial skills with a proven track record of knowledge and experience in Livelihoods and Food Security activities in humanitarian field in Iran to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Line management for Livelihoods and Food Security project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and LFS strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant LFS projects
- Coordinate and manage LFS project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the LFS Specialist
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with Cs) and coordinate across CCs
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure the recruitment of relevant staffs and build the capacity of staff new to NRC and ensure that all project staff receive trainings provided by the LFS Specialist and partners.
- Management the implementation of LFS portfolio in area central and ensure timely and high quality programme delivery against planned targets
- Coordinate with support departments and other CC programs the implementation of activities in different project locations.
- Develop clear and measurable work plans for staff and create and maintain a system that manages staff progress within these work plans.
- Develop tools and methodologies as per LFS CC strategy on the different type of activities implemented (cash-based approach, business grants, management of livelihood workshops)
- Contribute in the development of advocacy materials related to LFS
- Ensure that all analytical activities regarding market systems programming is participatory of nature and has integrated input from marginalized and vulnerable communities.
- Contribute to the development of LFS activities and to the integrated programming approach, notably in the community centers
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition