Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - Kerman based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#6 | Kerman
Rights Respected, People Protected
‘This is a re-advertisement, candidates who applied the first time need not to re-apply’
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: M&E Officer for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking for a dedicated/experienced M&E Officer to contribute to achieving quality programming for NRC Iran.The duty station of the position is Kerman and M&E Officer will support the Area Manager in ensuring implementation of M&E activities to support NRC’s projects in Iran. .
Our ideal Candidate
Are you our next M&E Officer?
NRC- Iran is looking for highly energetic person with a result-oriented attitude and experience in working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East with related monitoring / evaluation technical expertise and fluent English skills, both written and verbal.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement M&E activities according to M&E Strategy and M&E Annual Plan;
- Manage key M&E processes in support of programme team;
- Ensure proper filing of M&E evidence and documents;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and contribute to exploring and assessing new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement;
- Promote internal learning to help improve NRC projects;
- Promote NRC accountability to beneficiaries.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with advocacy strategy
- Gathering output and outcome data from the programme team and entering it into the Global Output and Outcome Reporting System (GORS) on a monthly basis, preparing pivot tables and dashboards based on data.
- Updating key M&E tools: M&E/Project Matrice, M&E Plan on a monthly basis, and briefing Area Managers on progress prior to Project Cycle Management meetings (Grant Opening Meetings (GOMs), PRMs, Grant Closure Meetings (GCMs), etc.);
- Conducting regular field monitoring missions, field-based and phone-based outcome data capture both with and without programme team, providing reports to Area Manager, M& Manager and Head of Programme and Specialists as required, Contribute to reports and learning sessions based on outcome monitoring
- Contributing to needs assessments and data analysis as determined by programme team;
- Lead the development and reporting on country-wide outcome monitoring in specific sectors: development of methodologies and tools, cleaning and validation the data, analysis, reporting and presentation of results.
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions