CCCM Officer- Community Outreach (National Position)
Hamam Al Alil (Iraq) | Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
The unfolding crisis in Iraq is one of the most complex humanitarian emergencies in the world today, with millions of uprooted Iraqis, and hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. For the past several years, millions of people have been displaced from and within Iraq as a result of military operations. At the end of 2015, the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) began a military operation to enter and retake control of parts of the country under the control of armed opposition groups, especially in the Anbar governorate. Civilians have been caught in the crossfire.
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010, with offices located in Baghdad, Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Mosul. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country, reaching Iraqis with emergency assistance and supporting Syrian refugees as they live in exile. Our goal is to always be prepared to work in new settings, so we are establishing more local partnerships in Iraq. Additionally, NRC is part of the UNICEF and WFP-led Rapid response mechanism (RRM), which enables us to reach newly displaced populations with the most urgent life-saving assistance.
Today, NRC is one of the biggest cash providers in Iraq. Our emergency assistance also includes distributing food rations, hygiene kits, water and basic non-food items (NFIs). In the winter months, we also provide blankets and heaters. We pay particular attention to gender equality and ending gender-based violence (GBV).
CCCM Officer- Community Outreach- Nineveh
The purpose of CCCM Officer- Community Outreach position is day to day ongoing collaboration with teams from other Core Competences to ensure that beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs.
- Establish, strengthen and monitor an effective, transparent, representative site governance system interacting with community representatives and women’s council members.
- Work with camp residents to understand issues faced by camp residents, and work with CCCM Project Coordinator and Project Manager to identify solutions.
- Work to create community councils, community discussions, and similar methods of creating two-way communication.
- Coordinate activities within the community centers, organizing campaigns, celebration days, educational lessons, community meetings and more.
- Organize informational campaigns related to health, safety and protection topics in the camp based on needs identified in the camp.
- Organise and undertake regular meetings with community representatives and ensure these are reported on.
- Mobilize, train and ensure that Community Mobilizers are actively engaging with the community and are providing information from camp residents to camp management, and from camp management to camp residents.
- Encourage the active participation of women, people with vulnerabilities and other less represented groups.
- Ensure that the displaced are aware of the assistance and services available in the camp and how to access them.
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator prepare Procurement Requests and actively participate in developing work plans
Our Ideal Candidate:
A university graduate in equivalent field with two (2) years work experience in similar project and have experience in managing teams of community mobilizers, hygiene promoters, community health workers, or similar preferred. Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required. Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
Contract period: Nine (9) months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please find attached the job description.