Senior Coordinator, Administrative Agent (AA) and International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), DCS, New York, P-5
New York City (United States of America)
The position of Senior Coordinator, Administrative Agent (AA) and International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) functions, is located in the Directorate of Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS), UNFPA headquarters, in New York. The incumbent of the post reports to the Director of DCS.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director of DCS, the incumbent performs tasks to achieve the following corporate results:
1. Administrative Agent function for pooled UN funds, and associated accountability framework fully operationalized within UNFPA business operations;
2. Accurate and complete data on UNFPA’s development activities accessible to meet IATI requirements;
3. Strengthened availability of information and expertise as well as increased sharing of knowledge on IATI within UNFPA; and
4. Represents UNFPA in high-level IATI-related meetings and events.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree with specialization in business administration, (financial) management, public administration or a related subject in the international development field.
Knowledge and experience:
• At least 10 years of relevant progressively responsible professional experience, including experience at the country and international level, preferably with previous experience/exposure to the UN common system;
• Good written and oral communication skills;
• Proven experience with fund management and financial reporting;
• Proven familiarity with UN joint programming;
• Ability to successfully execute fund portfolio management and coordination functions;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships both within and outside the organization.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written required. Working knowledge of second UN language desirable.