Proposal Technical Writer
Washington (United States of America) | america
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Advancement (PADV) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The (Integrated) Program Advancement team contributes to this by: Delivering on our promise to global quality and impact via integrated programs; Growing & diversifying our global portfolio integrating the private, public and social sectors; Promoting our work globally to influence the private, public and social sectors.
Pact is seeking an experienced Proposal Technical Writer to join its Integrated Program Advancement(IPA) Unit team (the technical arm at Pact). The Integrated Program Advancement(IPA) team contributes significantly to the Growing & diversifying of our global portfolio integrating the private, public and social sectors working in close collaboration with our country offices as well as the opportunity development team. The Proposal Technical Writer will serve as lead writer for wide range of technical portfolio with special focus to public health proposals spanning a wide range of country contexts, and donors. They will work collaboratively with Pact colleagues worldwide, including Pact’s field offices, technical experts those who are part of the Integrated Program Advancement(IPA) based in DC including our dispersed Pact Technical talents, communications team, and innovation staff to develop high-quality, responsive proposals. The proposal writer will also have their proportion of time dedicated to providing technical direction and assistance to the project as appropriate as needed as well as contributing to our efforts to promote our work globally to influence the private, public and social sectors. The Proposal Technical Writer will report to the Vice President, Integrated Program Advancement.
- Serve as lead proposal writer for donor-funded proposals, in accordance with Pact and donor requirements.
- Facilitate technical design sessions in order to set proposal strategy and criteria for successful development of donor proposals.
- Collect, integrate, and assure the quality of technical specialists and/or consultant contributions.
- Review, revise, and copy-edit technical proposal sections provided by the organization technical and other staff, consultants and partners, and integrate into the overall technical application.
- Review, revise, edit, and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials.
- Participate in technical reviews and incorporate feedback in a timely manner.
- Review and integrate all background materials to ensure that the technical application is compliant with all technical and formatting requirements.
- Gather technical intelligence and input from country offices, technical units, subject matter specialists, and other resource persons.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of proposal design workshops.
- Ensure responsiveness to donor requirements and constructively challenge the design team to produce a high-quality product.
- Develop additional proposal development materials, such as capacity statements and web content, necessary to position for upcoming proposals.
- In coordination with the Sr. Director, design and implement training materials and plans for headquarters and country office staff to improve their proposal writing skills.
- BA in International Affairs, International Development, or similar field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and writing successful proposals.
- Experience writing successful USAID and/or DFID proposals.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with critical global health issues.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize knowledge (inputs) into high quality proposal outputs.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to objectively assess proposal responsiveness against requirements and facilitate problem
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%, often on short notice.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Communications, or a related field preferred.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably French or Spanish.
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.