NATIONAL POST: Procurement Analyst, Maputo, Mozambique, NO-A
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN FOR INTERNAL CANDICATES OF THE MOZAMBIQUE COUNTRY OFFICE ONLY.
The Procurement Analyst post is located in the UNFPA Mozambique Country Office (CO) in Maputo and reports directly to the Operations Analyst under the overall guidance of the International Operations Manager and the Country Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in Business/Public Administration, Procurement and/or Logistics, engineering or similar discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to two years of professional experience in the field of administration or office management.
- Specialized knowledge in the field of Procurement, Logistics and or Supply Chain.
- Certification in CIPS, procurement, logistics and supply chain, contract management, or similar fields preferred.
- Experience in international, public procurement or contracts and supplier management is highly desirable.
- Experience with UN procurement, finance and contracting regulations and procedures will be a decided advantage.
- Proven experience and track record in successfully managing bid processes for complex works, products and services.
- Experience in working in team and leading team projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of global health and pharmaceutical market and stakeholders is an asset, especially regarding sexual, reproductive and maternal health.
- Knowledge of legal aspects of contract management is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), ERP (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP), E-filing system and other software applications is required.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.