ICT and Communication Analyst (Open to Egyptian Nationals Residents in Egypt)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direction supervision of the Operations Manager, and in consultation with the IST Office at UNW Headquarters as well as the Communication & Advocacy Analyst, the ICT & Communication (COMM) Analyst is responsible for daily technical support for users of information management tools and technology infrastructure including desktop, laptop, servers and Operating Systems, as well as providing substantive technical support to the Communication Unit in the development and management of digital platforms. The ICT & COMM Analyst is responsible for requisitioning ICT equipment for the Egypt Country Office (CO), ICT asset inventory management, reporting and disposal, ICT equipment, network and security, as well as Video & Photo documentation, Website Maintenance and Graphic Design support as required by the communication unit at CO.
The ICT & COMM Analyst works in close collaboration with the Operations, Communications, Programme and projects staff in UN Women Country Office and Projects. The ICT & COMM Analyst works closely and collaboratively with the other ICT partners in the resident UN agencies in Egypt to achieve synergy, partnerships in information and telecommunications systems and services development and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration and provision of web management services
- Providing substantive technical support to the Communication Unit at CO
- Provision of administrative support, and performs as CO Security Focal Point (SFP)
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Participation in development and implementation of ICT annual plan and Standard Operating Procedures in ICT services.
- Provision of support to the use of UN Women ERP system (ATLAS) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all CO hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
3. Ensures efficient networks administration, provides web management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that UNW desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of ICT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and CO Business Continuity Plan (BCP), including: processes, procedure, backup and restoration.
- Support to the maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for UNW upon request and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
4. Provides substantive technical support to the Communication Unit in the development and management of digital platforms, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop an online Multimedia Archive (Videos and Photos) for the CO.
- Assist the Communications Unit in documenting, through photography and videography, the impact of the different project interventions on ground.
- Provide high quality video and photo documentation of success stories.
- Provide photography trainings to CO staff and implementing partners.
- Update the CO English and Arabic websites’ content on regular basis.
- Provide support to develop Arabic version of UN Women ECO website.
- Assist in developing the Arabic content for the website.
- Support the communications unit in the graphic design of various communications’ products.
5. Provides administrative support, and ensures effective functioning as CO Security Focal Point (SFP), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids
- ICT assets management and maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
- Update and maintain the office security list and wardens list.
- Coordinate with UNDSS for office security matters.
- Preparation and completion of all security surveys and reports as required.
- Communicate and disseminate the security messages and alerts to all CO staff.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification & promotion of different systems & applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality ICT strategies and procedures
- Well maintained and serviced hardware and software
- Quality support and advice to clients
- Timely updating and maintenance of website
- Quality trainings and reference materials.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Excellent knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Excellent PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software, SharePoint services and MOSS;
- Excellent knowledge of database packages;
- Excellent knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Knowledge of production, graphic design and photography standards
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience in social media outreach
- Knowledge of local country media landscape
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, and implementation of new systems;
- Ability to provide advice and guidance.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, ICT, or any related field.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- Four (4) years working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, ICT trouble shooting and knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Work experience in ADOBE application, Photoshop, design illustrator and premier, as well as professional photography and videography.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Arabic required.