Re- Advertisement : Executive Associate
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Reporting to the Representative, the Executive Associate is responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative support to the UN Women Jordan Country Representative maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and, in close coordination with the Country Office (CO) management and staff, for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
1- Provide executive support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Manage the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar, and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations and other logistics for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Maintain roster of CO contacts; update electronic mailing lists;
- Answer and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Manage administrative files on the Country Representative’s mission travel and mission reports;
- Research files, collect information and organize materials to meet the Country Representative’s requests.
2- Provide administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Undertake the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and workshops;
- Organize and attend meetings and events, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions and other key events;
- Organize and monitor the office filing system;
- Follow up with the Country Representative on deadlines and commitments.
3- Provide effective communication and information management support to the CO
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative’s Office and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Review, prioritize and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative Office; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed;
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Prepare routine correspondence and interoffice circulars; review documents and reports to ensure spelling, punctuation and format are correct;
- Maintain and organize up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval; ensure safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Assist in the preparation and finalization of informal translations; act as interpreter as required.
4- Provide support to the Country Representative’s Office’s external relations activities
- Facilitate the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Receive and greet high ranking officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
5- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs;
- Build and share knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to manage data/schedule, documents, correspondence, reports, and maintain protocol and information flow;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear format, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Ability to administer administrative processes.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- College Diploma in business administration, public administration or any related fields is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial, or programme experience;
- Experience in the use of computer applications and software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems;
- Experience with the ATLAS system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.