Education Project Coordinator
Benghazi (Libya) | Libya
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC LibyaNRC is working in Libya to respond to the needs of the displaced and conflict-affected civilians. In line with NRC’s ambition of being present where needs are, an office is open in Tripoli, and Benghazi. At present, NRC is currently responding to needs within the following core competencies; Shelter, Education and ICLA.
We believe in Rights Respected & People Protected.
Want to learn more about NRC? please visit our website https://www.nrc.no/who-we-are/about-us/ , also you can read our policy paper attached below.
The purpose of the Education Project Coordinator is to help establish the Education Programs under supervision of the Program Development Manager in Benghazi. This will require expertise in project start-up, donor liaison, proposal writing, close coordination with NRC Core Competencies and budget management.
In this position you will receive accommodation, home leave R&R.
You'll also receive medical insurance and a pension scheme.
We are looking for an experienced humanitarian worker within the education field, with experience in the Middle East or North African context.
A strong leader who has the ability to develop a programme, lead a team and build their capacity.
Fluency in English is required and Arabic is an asset.
- Manage NRC’s newly-established Education projects for both Libyan and non-Libyan children (formal and non-formal education) in Benghazi and ensure programme quality.
- Carry out high quality assessments, reporting, financial management and monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Support fundraising activities including preparation of concepts and project proposals for Benghazi.
- Work closely with the Education Programme Development Manager in overseeing, developing and delivering the NRC Libya Education strategy.
- Conduct field visits and monitor progress against both project and budgetary targets.
- Carry out capacity building of Libyan staff, including mentoring on INEE minimum standards, conflict sensitive education, Teachers in Crisis Contexts pack and NRC’s psychosocial support package.
- Act as Education Sector focal point in Benghazi as requested.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Benghazi, Libya
- Non-Family duty station
- Travel: up to 30%
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- NB: Please enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location on your application.
- For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs