Requisition ID: req4206
Job Title: Sesame Health Promoter / Jawadyia
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Conduct village mapping (households, under-fives, pregnant women).
- Will be responsible of conducting household visits as required.
- Record health related vital statistical data and population data.
- Assist and support mobile clinic team in mobilizing community for preventive services and curative services.
- Document activities and compile monthly reports.
- Build a relationship based on trust with visited families and communities.
- Creating connections between vulnerable populations and healthcare systems.
- Educating health system providers and stakeholders about community health needs.
- Providing culturally appropriate health education messages on topics related to Non-communicable diseases, communicable diseases prevention, physical activity, nutrition,
mental health, GBV, child and mother health, and reproductive health.
- Conduct sessions and activities targeting children to support early learning and development.
- Conduct ECD activities and sessions for parents.
- Disseminate key messages on AYCF, nutrition and conduct screening and referral of children
- Actively participate in trainings and workshops on community health education and reporting, conducted by the Sesame ECD Manager.
- Supporting health needs assessment activities.
- Providing ECD messages in the community on important topics to the community, making the families aware of the available service provided by IRC or other health actors in the area of intervention, including ECD services.
- Measuring improvement of community awareness by conducting pre and post-test surveys with support of M&E team.
- Collecting data and convey information to the supervisor \ line manager to inform work policy change and development
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in social sciences, education or health, or;
- At least holds high school certificate alongside equivalent experience 1-2 years in delivery of health messages at community level
- Experience in integrated ECD activities preferably with protection\health or experience working with children.
- Experience working in clinics/kindergartens.
- Well known and accepted by the community
- Arabic and or local language(s) required
- English language will be an asset
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
o IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status or disability.
o The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.